Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU player in an altercation with FAU fan in the 4th Qtr

Was anyone present at the altercation that took place in front of Section 104 on Saturday between a fan in the front row and one of the FAU players ?

Apparently this was a very heated altercation where the fan called the team a bunch of quitters and the player went off on the guy using alot of profanity and was seemingly going to go in the stands at one point.

I am going off of heresay but if anyone was present I'd like to hear their side.  I gave these tickets to my employees and they were pretty shocked and appalled by the incident-how the coaching staff could let a player get this out of hand. There were families present and did not need to hear or see something like that from one of our players (not to say the fan was necessarily an innocent bystander).

I have the player's name but I don't think it needs to be mentioned on the forum.  This goes to show that there really is a total loss of control on all levels with this team.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

Re: FAU player in an altercation with FAU fan in the 4th Qtr

I stayed for the whole game from before kick off to after they started to walk on the field when the game was over. I was on the opposite side of the FAU bench, in 127. I didn't see anything like that but I wasn't really looking for it either

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

BeastOwl said

This goes to show that there really is a total loss of control on all levels with this team.

Hate to agree, but:

+1

The penalities are simply ridiculous at times…personal fouls, late hits. We have to be ranked top 25 in that category!

;D

Back to the top

I hope the next coach is a strict disciplinarian (are you listening Jim Leavitt?).  These guys desperately need it.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

Rick said

BeastOwl said

This goes to show that there really is a total loss of control on all levels with this team.

Hate to agree, but:

+1

The penalities are simply ridiculous at times…personal fouls, late hits. We have to be ranked top 25 in that category!

;D

We've had a problem with the personal foul penalties for a few seasons already. Probably starting about '08 or so I'd say. We always take stupid penalties. Anytime something good happens, it's called back because of a dumb mistake. ie: Charles Pierre TD run in the rain against MSU

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

FAU player in an altercation with FAU fan in the 4th Qtr

I was on the north side of the FAU sideline and didn't see or hear anything out of the ordinary. The issue didn't come up in the press conference and I didn't hear any media people talking about it.
Back to the top

I was in section 104, row F. I saw the tail end of the altercation, when the player was being restricted by another team personnel member.  Truthfully I was in a complete daze during this time, the build up for the game and the huge let down of the result had taken me out.  Even though it went on right below where I was sitting I couldn't tell you how it started nor the player that was involved.

I do know that my thoughts on the conduct of the player and fan are that the incident was completely uncalled for.  A player should never react to taunts.  I've been in that position before and did not react.  I've been next to players who did react, and reacting even in the slightest way is never good.

I don't believe that the player ever got within arm reach of the fan but the verbal sparring was loud enough that a other team members or coaches should have heard.  There was no immediate reaction from either of those two groups (team members or coaches).  Like I mentioned earlier, the person restraining the player was a member of the team personnel.
Back to the top

theSmiths said

I was in section 104, row F. I saw the tail end of the altercation, when the player was being restricted by another team personnel member.  Truthfully I was in a complete daze during this time, the build up for the game and the huge let down of the result had taken me out.  Even though it went on right below where I was sitting I couldn't tell you how it started nor the player that was involved.

I do know that my thoughts on the conduct of the player and fan are that the incident was completely uncalled for.  A player should never react to taunts.  I've been in that position before and did not react.  I've been next to players who did react, and reacting even in the slightest way is never good.

I don't believe that the player ever got within arm reach of the fan but the verbal sparring was loud enough that a other team members or coaches should have heard.  There was no immediate reaction from either of those two groups (team members or coaches).  Like I mentioned earlier, the person restraining the player was a member of the team personnel.
Thanks for your unbiased opinion as I know you used to play for us and certainly endured a lot of fan taunting.  I guess there was a lot of frustration going on in the stands and on the bench and neither party should've acted that way.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

I know and see a lot of players around campus i know many of them are not handling the criticism well at all players getting pissed at student for calling them out etc. The attitude of not all but many players are poor.  Just a couple weeks ago i had a football players kicked out of one of my classes because he got caught cheating on a test the player continued to make seen in the classroom all while wearing an fau football shirt just embarrassing.
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

I know and see a lot of players around campus i know many of them are not handling the criticism well at all players getting pissed at student for calling them out etc. The attitude of not all but many players are poor.  Just a couple weeks ago i had a football players kicked out of one of my classes because he got caught cheating on a test the player continued to make seen in the classroom all while wearing an fau football shirt just embarrassing.

There was a time when Schnelly would've rooted out these guys and kicked them off the team.  Coach's prime years are long past. In honoring him by keeping him around for the stadium opening, the team has fallen to its lowest depths.  I hope it was worth it.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top
Control functions: