Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

The Best Thing About The Stadium

I realize everyone was posting their thoughts on the new stadium and their gameday experience in a different thread but I didn't want this to get lost in the comments.

I've posted more about this on my blog jarridsmith.com but I just wanted to share with you dedicated fans some of my thoughts.  Regardless of what happened on Saturday the best thing about the stadium was what happened after the ribbon cutting. Players were invited to a players only dinner, which had a great turnout.  Thanks to Sean Todd and Craig Angelos for helping to make it happen.

Much like a family reunion, players got to see one another again and catch up on life.  When people find out I used to play at FAU I often get the question "Do you miss playing?".  My answer is "No, but I do miss my teammates".  These are guys that I rarely get to see but who I share much in common, it's easy to slip back into great memories with them.

The most hilarious moment came when Andy Rosas, whom I played with for 2 years, introduced himself to me.  He came back 20 minutes later to apologize for not recognizing me, the last time we saw one another was before I lost 100 lb.  The most heartfelt moment was when we had a moment of remembrance for our missing teammate Ramon Rickards, he passed away in 2006.  The most cherished time came when we got to watch a highlight video on the jumbotron, thanks to Steve Cutcher for preparing that.

The dream lives on…
Back to the top

Re: The Best Thing About The Stadium

Good to meet you on Friday Jarrid, and good stuff on the blog!

:)
Back to the top

The best thing was the Grand Piano in the Premier Club.  I have been saying for years…the thing that was missing at Lockhart was a Grand Piano.  :D
Back to the top

fauowl said

The best thing was the Grand Piano in the Premier Club.  I have been saying for years…the thing that was missing at Lockhart was a Grand Piano.  :D

Of course! The final missing piece of the recruiting puzzle. We are sure to get 5*'s now since they can go up to the premier level and bang out some Billy Joel.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

The Best Thing About The Stadium

fauowl said

I missed that.  ;D

Although I stand by my opinion about what is best about the new stadium, yours comes in a very close second.
Back to the top

FAU Football Trivia time!  ;D

Name the greatest pianist ever to play on FAU's Football team! (Hint: he was a lineman)
Back to the top

So what you're saying is there isn't a market for my FAU Football Trivia board game?
Back to the top

Nick Paris???

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

No but thanks for playing, you get a free t-shirt! :)

Nello Faulk is the answer, whenver the team would hit a hotel with a piano in the lobby, he was on it right away. Some good articles written about his days in high school playing football and then playing drums in the marching band at halftime. He was a funny guy.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

No but thanks for playing, you get a free t-shirt! :)

and we all know how t-shirts get sent out around here…

TeamBeer said

Nello Faulk is the answer, whenver the team would hit a hotel with a piano in the lobby, he was on it right away. Some good articles written about his days in high school playing football and then playing drums in the marching band at halftime. He was a funny guy.

that's pretty cool and almost unheard of!

Back to the top
Control functions: