Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Time for the Owls to Get Off The Bottom 10

Everyone loves publicity, but this is not a good form of it.

Been laying off this topic, remaining Hopeful that we would move on after last weekend…alas, no dice.

Which is why it is time for the Monkey to be removed this weekend against UNT!

Just for those who have not been following Mark Schlabach's infamous weekly comedic relief, here's a recap of FAU's journey so far this year through it's pages…….

Week 1: Owls not listed, measure of grace that it was UF and the offense just had a bad day.

Week 2: Owls #6 and reality sets in after a 44-0 thumping by MSU with just one 1st down.

Week 3: Owls #4 and likely the apex of inclusions, despite being off.

Week 4: Owls #6 once again, behind a 30-14 loss to Auburn..

Week 5: Owls #8 after a defensive meltdown allowed ULL to escape with :02 left.

Probably not fair that we are still on the list, but that’s the way the cookie crumbles. And it has been a long hard ride, that must now come to an end.

Bottom line: Get a win this week, and the Owls should leave the building – Elvis style.

GO OWLS!!!
Back to the top

Re: Time for the Owls to Get Off The Bottom 10

Unfortunately I think it is fair...we do belong on this list! :(
Back to the top

Statistically we are in the bottom ten nationally in every major category. I think we are deserving.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

The Silver Lining is, the team can only go up from here.  If only the offense can maintain the fire they had at the end of the ULL game.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

Well, another week, and another appearance…believe our highest ever:

2. Florida Atlantic 0-5  "Tall Cool One," Robert Plant (Led Zeppelin): Just like the Bottom 10 will always remember Plant as the lead singer of Led Zeppelin, we'll remember Owls coach Howard Schnellenberger as the mustached coach who guided Miami to a national title (and not the winless coach in his final season at FAU). "I'm your tall cool one with crazy feet / Lighten up, baby, I'm in love with you."

Week Six

Time to get off this ride!!!
Back to the top

We REALLY need a win.

We cannot launch our new stadium with a loss. I pray the team has this attitude.

THIS IS OUR HOUSE!!!!!!!

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

At least we aren't number one!

Still holding down the two spot though…

2.  Florida Atlantic  0-6

"You know things are messed up when the Hilltoppers start winning": The Owls had 121 yards of offense (96 passing and 25 rushing) in last week's 20-0 loss to Western Kentucky, the Hilltoppers' first-ever shutout of an FBS opponent. Maybe FAU can score against Middle Tennessee in the Pillow Fight of the Week.

Week Seven
Back to the top

Rick said

At least we aren't number one!

Still holding down the two spot though…

2.  Florida Atlantic  0-6

"You know things are messed up when the Hilltoppers start winning": The Owls had 121 yards of offense (96 passing and 25 rushing) in last week's 20-0 loss to Western Kentucky, the Hilltoppers' first-ever shutout of an FBS opponent. Maybe FAU can score against Middle Tennessee in the Pillow Fight of the Week.

Week Seven

Every person associated with the program needs to read the bold letters. That is just painful to read.
Back to the top

In our first game in the new stadium no less?!

Grrrrrrr.
Back to the top

Time for the Owls to Get Off The Bottom 10

Rick said

In our first game in the new stadium no less?!

Grrrrrrr.

+1

exactly what I was going to say!!!

minus the Grrrr…
Back to the top
Control functions: