Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Chartwells ends agreement with Chick-Fil-A inside stadium

Add topic

Just saw a facebook post come up from Chuck King who said that Chartwells was very unhappy with a late arriving Chick-Fil-A staff and has ended their agreement and replaced them with Mississippi Sweets BBQ, another local restaurant.

Good for you FAU/Chartwells! I went down with less than 30 seconds left until halftime and waited in the line for Chick-Fil-A, by the time I got back to my seats, there was 2 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. Essentially I, along with many others, missed an entire quarter standing online. I didn't really understand it either, because there were about 5-6 windows but only 1 was open and 3 people working to help everyone.

You snooze, you loose! I'm glad that someone took notice and didn't hesitate to act quickly

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Chartwells ends agreement with Chick-Fil-A inside stadium

A lot of students have wanted Chick-fil-a on campus for a long time, and as I mentioned a while back, I had talked with Chartwells when they were considering it for the new Science and Engineering building - a spot which eventually went to Chick'n'Grill. And they put two Chick'n'grills in the stadium too.

Not sure why so many; Chick'n'Grill not THAT good. Must be a high profit margin.

So maybe this will re-open the opportunity for them to put a dedicated Chick-fil-a on campus that will be open for more than just gamedays. It's what the students want anyway.
Back to the top

Yes I am confused as to why we have three Chick'n'Grills on campus…I'm sure there is more to the story to get rid of after 1 week seems premature
Back to the top

If were all reacting this hastily then whoever runs ticket ops should get the boot too! People waited for a hour to get tix and there was only one window for sales and one for will call open all day.

I thought everyone got a pass for the first run?

Either way, love Sweets so it's a win win
Back to the top

Chartwells ends agreement with Chick-Fil-A inside stadium

You thought getting a chicken sandwich took a long time waiting for BBQ could take even longer.
Back to the top

boozie132 said

You thought getting a chicken sandwich took a long time waiting for BBQ could take even longer.

My thoughts exactly. I mean, I guess if they have it prepared prior to game-time but there's no way their making pulled pork and chicken sandwiches to order. I'm super disappointed and I've hated Chartwells forever…this is just another reason why!
Back to the top

Well the biggest problem Chick-fil-a had, was lack of a staff. Apparently a lot of them ran late. There were 5 windows but only 1 was open. You can't have that with 25,000 people inside.

I guess Mississippi Sweets will come better prepared and will have more than 1 window open

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

I figured they would give chic-fil-a one more chance, since they could possibly have turned into a bigger partner with the school, but they must have really screwed up.  I never saw anyone with a chicken sandwich or even where the stand was, but I wanted to check it out during future games.  Chic-fil-a seems like they had a perfect system for the game, simple chicken sandwiches pre-made and delivered to the stadium, it shouldn't be that hard to get it right.  It does sound like a lot of the problem was their employees showing up late, no excuse for that at all.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

I am actually shocked that they, of all companies, dropped the ball…every time I have ever eaten there the service has been first class.  They do all the little things right…very surprised that they boffed the main event, and thier first chance to make a good impression!
Back to the top

I'm probably more upset about this than I should be,lol..But I can't tell you how excited I was to enjoy a chicken sandwhich in the stands! I mean, I used the fact that we had a Chick-fil-A in the stadium as a key recruiting tool when talking to potential students! lol
Back to the top
Control functions: