Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK EIGHT: FAU vs. MTSU

Week Eight is here and FAU is still searching for the first win of the season. Correct FEARLESS PREDICTIONS have been hard to come by this year with the Owls struggling to put points on the board. Here we go with this week's FEARLESS PREDICTIONS.

WKU vs. ULL 10/22

In what is clearly the Mascot Bowl of the SBC, and maybe the best mascot matchup in the country, the Hilltoppers of Western Kentucky (2-4, 2-1) play host to rising star Louisiana (6-1, 4-0). The Ragin' Cajuns look to have a strangle hold on the SBC and they are all but guaranteed to go bowling with a win this weekend. Louisiana will be too much to handle as they bring a strong offense in against the 106th ranked scoring defense in the country. I think WKU plays up early in this one, but the Cajuns get it done in the second half.

FEARLESS PREDICTION: Louisiana 34 WKU 17

FAU vs. MTSU 10/22

The Owls (0-6, 0-3) look to bounce back after a tough loss last week against WKU. FAU has not been able to do much to get the offense going. The Owls' best performance came against Auburn in week three of the season. Since that time FAU has struggled to move of the ball both on the ground and in the air. The Owls are averaging an anemic 11 points per game. Senior RB Alfred Morris has only 389 yards on the ground in what he hoped would be a return to his sophomore form. Unfortunately Morris has not had the O-line help or the passing threat on offense to help him return to a 1200+ yard season. MTSU has one of the nation's top 20 passing offenses and the Raiders can score in bunches when the offense is clicking. They also give up points in bunches as well with the 114th ranked defense. FAU should be able to score not because of offensive potency, but due to an inept defense on behalf of MTSU. I see FAU putting up a fight and just maybe squeaking out a win in unimpressive fashion.

FEARLESS PREDICTION: FAU 24 MTSU 21

Keep your heads up Owl fans. We have two things going for us; the best stadium in the SBC and a team that gives us a good excuse to drink. Cheers to the Owls.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Re: FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK EIGHT: FAU vs. MTSU

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK EIGHT: FAU vs. MTSU

FAU 9
MTSU 14

Let's hope I'm wrong. Would have been FAU 3, MTSU 14 if Wilbert wasn't starting. I figure by now he's good for at least 1 TD.
Back to the top

MTSU 4, FAU 3.
Back to the top

MTSU 16, FAU 3  Attendance at start 18,000  Attendance after the half 7,000  ;D
Back to the top

MUTS 24
FAU 10

URGH!

Badgers over MSU  ;D
Back to the top

Well, this is a first, biut looks as if folks are tired of getting burend on emotion and voting with thier minds…….

Which, I am going to do as well this week:

MTSU 24  FAU 13

Back to the top

Im going to bet that MTSU has more Interception retrurn yards than we have total offense….

I will seriously give odds on this if anybody wants to message me.

I will also put the over/under at 15 on the amount of times Wilbert throws a pass and you mutter "what the hell was that?"  Basically he will go 16 for 20 on "what the hell was that?" passes.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I'm taking the Over on that action!
Back to the top

FAU 14 | MTSU 27
Back to the top

walty12 said

Im going to bet that MTSU has more Interception retrurn yards than we have total offense….

I will seriously give odds on this if anybody wants to message me.

I will also put the over/under at 15 on the amount of times Wilbert throws a pass and you mutter "what the hell was that?"  Basically he will go 16 for 20 on "what the hell was that?" passes.

Classic!

:D
Back to the top
Control functions: