Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Morris Shines Through FAU's Dismal 2011 Shadow

Aside from the stadium finally opening, the only other glimmer of success in FAU's dismal 2011 season is Alfred Morris.

Although the talented running back hasn't put up big numbers this season - thanks to a terrible offensive line - Morris is, however, poised to set multiple career records for the school by season's end.

Rushing yards
1. 3069 Charles Pierre
2. 2732 Alfred Morris
3. 1981 Doug Parker

Rushing attempts
1. 683 Charles Pierre
2. 594 Alfred Morris
3. 519 Doug Parker

Rushing TDs
1. 23 Charles Pierre
2. 21 Doug Parker
3. 20 Alfred Morris

Back to the top

Re: Morris Shines Through FAU's Dismal 2011 Shadow

I really hope he gets some chances to show what he can do at a combine, the guy is a great back, and the most humble guy on the squad…it really sucks the hand he's been dealt. He should have broken CPs record last season.

You guys were talking about Juco players yesterday, there's where we needed em most, get me 2/3 juco linemen and we're a 7 win team last year. 
Back to the top

yeah, and that is 2 years with a terrible Oline, imagine the records that could of been SHATTERED if he was able to 3-peat his sophomore performance…  :o

wish him the best of luck, hopefully he gets a shot at the NFL!
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

I really hope he gets some chances to show what he can do at a combine, the guy is a great back, and the most humble guy on the squad…it really sucks the hand he's been dealt. He should have broken CPs record last season.

You guys were talking about Juco players yesterday, there's where we needed em most, get me 2/3 juco linemen and we're a 7 win team last year.

I agree, new coach will probably raid the JUCO's to fill in several key positions.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

Last year the O-Line was brutal, this year I would consider it serviceable.  They cant really knock people off the line but they have held blocks most of the time and give the QB's adequate time.  Time to sail one right over our WR's heads into the loving arms of the defense is the problem.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Morris Shines Through FAU's Dismal 2011 Shadow

BeastOwl said

TeamBeer said

I agree, new coach will probably raid the JUCO's to fill in several key positions.

Actually I think the O-Line will finally be a seasoned group next year and should be one of the better features of the team.

Need a QB.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I just want to follow up on Morris following the performance against MTSU.

He still has a very good shot at 1000 yards this season.

He is averaging 4.8 ypc which is better than what he did last year.

He will most likely end his career with 3000+ yards and the title as the leading rusher in FAU history.

All of these are great accomplishments.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

i said it in the beginning of the season, rick agreed with me too, should have redshirted him.

i still think he gets drafted.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

i still think he gets drafted.

He deserves a combine invite to after putting up some decent #'s behind our crappy O-line. But not sure if he will get drafted. There's just so much talent at RB every year.
Back to the top

An update on Morris' near record-breaking career at FAU:

Rushing yards
1. 3069 Charles Pierre
2. 2885 Alfred Morris
3. 1981 Doug Parker

Rushing attempts
1. 683 Charles Pierre
2. 611 Alfred Morris
3. 519 Doug Parker

Rushing TDs