Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

NFL Analysts: Tim Tebow Hated Because of His Faith . . .

Add topic

''Inside the NFL'' analyst and former Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Cris Collinsworth concluded that much of the hatred against Tebow was based on his religious beliefs . . .

NFL Analysts: Tim Tebow Hated Because of His Faith | NewsBusters
Back to the top

Re: NFL Analysts: Tim Tebow Hated Because of His Faith . . .

I believe there is some truth to that unfortunately. 

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

NFL Analysts: Tim Tebow Hated Because of His Faith . . .

I am not sure why he is so polarized but it is strange.

I just always hated that he was the face of UF football and the average fan in America thought they were running a clean program with a bunch of kids like Tebow when in all actuality they were breaking records for arrests.  Him being who he was and such a strong leader covered that up for them in a lot of ways.

That all being said, they sure have been missing him in Gainesville since he left  ;D

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I'm not a Tebow fan, nothing to do with his faith. To be honest, why do I dislike him? Because he was good!

If he sucked, no one would care. No one hated Kyle Wright at UM. I fully believe Tebow is probably one of the 5 greatest college football players ever

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

I'm a huge Tebow fan now…He helped the Dolphins in their quest for Andrew Luck.  If the Fins get the #1 pick, I'll be forever grateful! 
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

I'm a huge Tebow fan now…He helped the Dolphins in their quest for Andrew Luck.  If the Fins get the #1 pick, I'll be forever grateful!

Don't be so sure about that

Suck for Luck, may be back to just sucking

Alex Marvin, Senior NFL writer for FoxSports.com, recently spoke on the Joe Rose show on 560 WQAM in Miami.  During their 10-minute conversation, Marvin ripped on the Dolphins and their 2011 season, but really hit on the Andrew Luck situation.

"There's no guarantees that Andrew Luck would even come to the Dolphins, anyway. And, I'm being serious when I say that.  He controls his fate.  If the Miami Dolphins have the first pick, and he's not happy with what the administration is here, if he's not going to be happy with who his head coach is, or what direction this franchise is headed, I can see this guy, really easily doing a Peyton Manning, an Eli Manning, trying to go ahead and control his fate in the draft."

When Rose asked Marvin if he could see the Lucks making a power play, Marvin responded, "Absolutely…I could very easily see that happening going forward."

Back to the top

To get completely off topic…

It's also possible that the Colts are worse than the Dolphins and will end up in Indy anyway! Which would be fine for me since I'm both a Dolphins and Colts fan! lol

Back to the top

Jab979 said

fauowls44 said

Don't be so sure about that

Suck for Luck, may be back to just sucking

Alex Marvin, Senior NFL writer for FoxSports.com, recently spoke on the Joe Rose show on 560 WQAM in Miami.  During their 10-minute conversation, Marvin ripped on the Dolphins and their 2011 season, but really hit on the Andrew Luck situation.

"There's no guarantees that Andrew Luck would even come to the Dolphins, anyway. And, I'm being serious when I say that.  He controls his fate.  If the Miami Dolphins have the first pick, and he's not happy with what the administration is here, if he's not going to be happy with who his head coach is, or what direction this franchise is headed, I can see this guy, really easily doing a Peyton Manning, an Eli Manning, trying to go ahead and control his fate in the draft."

When Rose asked Marvin if he could see the Lucks making a power play, Marvin responded, "Absolutely…I could very easily see that happening going forward."

That's ridiculous.  If the Fins get Luck, he'd be coming into a situation that will be tailored to him.  The organization will be cleaning house and he'll be part of that.  Any team with the #1 pick is going to be a mess initially anyway…may as well be part of the mess in MIami as opposed to having to live in Indy.
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

To get completely off topic…

It's also possible that the Colts are worse than the Dolphins and will end up in Indy anyway! Which would be fine for me since I'm both a Dolphins and Colts fan! lol

The only reason the Colts looked worse then the Dolphins yesterday is that they played a great Saints team and the Fins played an almost equally terrible Broncos team.  If the Fins played the Saints, no doubt in my mind they would have been blown out just the same.  If the Dolphins can't win at home, against a bad Broncos team starting Tebow, who played about as bad as an NFL player could play the QB position for the first 55 minutes of that game yesterday, then who can they beat?  The Colts still have Jacksonville twice, the Titans twice, and the Panthers at home.  Nobody will out-suck the Dolphins this year!
Back to the top

But if it's an Eli manning situation it would be the Dolphins drafting him but then trading him to someone else like Cleveland or something, just throwing out a team, and then the Dolphins would get their 1st round pick plus a few other picks, or they tell Cleveland who to draft and then they swap players.

Problem is Luck isn't the answer. Unless Steven Ross comes out and basically says we're going with the same plan the Detroit Lions where things may be bad for a few seasons but they will improve and when they do they will improve drastically, Miami should trade the # 1 pick if they have it because they need a lot of help, not just a QB.

Daniel Thomas isn't a good RB, Brandon Marshall can be good with a good QB but he'll be 28 when next season starts. Maybe he has 4-5 years left as a top WR? the O-line is a mess. The only play maker on D is Cameron Wake.

It took the Lions a long time but that's because Matt Millen is a moron, I think it's Walty who is a Lions fan so he can attest to that.

But if you trade Luck and maybe end up with the 2nd or 3rd best QB as opposed to the # 1 overall QB plus you get a few extra picks out of it. I think it's well worth it.

Oh and we all know Bellicheck is a "genius" but Mangini is not, hiring him would be the worst decision since Ted Ginn

Back to the top
Control functions: