Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Just back from the game...

A few things…

* What is with the beer sales? Why not stadium wide? Seems like FAU could make a lot more money selling beer to 20,000 people than it can only to 10,000 (or whatever the amount in the section that can access the beer). Assuming full attendance.

* Is it just me, or are the seats terribly uncomfortable? They are the cheap seats, but they felt terrible. I like the back, but it's like they cut out 3 inches of seat space to add that back. I found them very uncomfortable, and I am a younger, average sized person. Can't imgine an older or larger person liking those seats.

* This team is simply terrible. I blame coaching and recruiting. I am happy and sad to see Howard go for those reasons. We need change, and hopefully with the new stadium we can become competitive again.

Thoughts?
Back to the top

Re: Just back from the game...

Lago said

A few things…

* What is with the beer sales? Why not stadium wide? Seems like FAU could make a lot more money selling beer to 20,000 people than it can only to 10,000 (or whatever the amount in the section that can access the beer). Assuming full attendance.

* Is it just me, or are the seats terribly uncomfortable? They are the cheap seats, but they felt terrible. I like the back, but it's like they cut out 3 inches of seat space to add that back. I found them very uncomfortable, and I am a younger, average sized person. Can't imgine an older or larger person liking those seats.

* This team is simply terrible. I blame coaching and recruiting. I am happy and sad to see Howard go for those reasons. We need change, and hopefully with the new stadium we can become competitive again.

Thoughts?

Yeah, the seats….let's bulldoze the place and go back to Lockhart.  At least there you could buy cold beer in a waste management tub from a crackhead….. ::)
Back to the top

I thought the same thing about the seats.  It like a bleacher seat, but smaller and less comfortable.  All I can think is that they did it to cram more seats into a smaller space.
Back to the top

No they dressed up a bleacher seat with a seat back, its a nice version of a bleacher seat
Back to the top

1. If the outdoor bar isn't open to everyone, from any corner of the stadium - and I don't think it is - then it should be until it gets out of control.

2. I didn't have a problem in my seats and I was sitting there almost all game in the opener. It's weird though; I would have almost preferred to stand with the students. I'm not a big fan of sitting at these events. I know I'm probably going to have to sit in the Burrow this season too and I don't really care to. Not my style.

3. I don't think the entire team is terrible. I'm actually really happy with our defense, for the most part. The only thing I'd like to see is fewer penalties from them.

The offense, however, is absolutely terrible and no one would argue that. Curtis should be the starter. Wilbert and Kooi can't get it done. It's time we accept that they just aren't going to be good QBs for us. Some are studs, some are duds. It happens at every level. I'd be very surprised if we keep all these QBs when the new HC comes in. I heard that Curtis was second string tonight. Good move.

Like most, I've written off this season and I'm hopeful for the next. I'm very hopeful the new HC – hopefully Leach, because I like offense – will come in, trim the fat on the roster and use new assistant coaches to re-shape the rest to be a whole new team next season. It's certainly possible; look at the the kind of season ULL is having now. I want to see the stadium full and rocking. I want FAU to establish a reputation where the average Boca Raton citizen gets behind this team in a big way.

Once you get back to being a bowl eligible team, you can recruit more top players to your cause and start shooting for 10-win seasons. I think that's as close to Angelos' "Boise State of Florida" request as we could get.
Back to the top

Drink less beer and the seats will be more comfortable  ;D    Im fine, its a beautiful stadium, its on campus, Im sure the university didnt have another million to upgrade to more comfortable seats…
Back to the top

The beer situation at the stadium is absolutely terrible. And nobody in the stadium seems to be able to give you any information whatsoever.  beautiful stadium, but they have to work on some fundemental things.
Back to the top

I'm an older person I find the seats just fine.  Bulldoze the stadium?! Your nuts.  Having attended everygame at Lockhart with the exception of one, I know of what I speak.  Beer and Seats shouldn't be a concern.  How about the lack of support from the students and the poor performance by the team. The student section was half full tonight and the team was as expected, dismal!
Back to the top

Just back from the game...

bighooter said

Drink less beer and the seats will be more comfortable  ;D

Drink more beer and it will be easier to watch the game.
Back to the top

It's helping me!  ;D
Back to the top
Control functions: