Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

POLL: Who Starts @ QB for the Owls Versus Arkansas State

Graham Wilbert
David Kooi
Stephen Curtis
Where's Nick Bracewell?
Cortez Ash is still available...

You must select between 1 and 34 options

Well, we have seen enough now to know that change is not only looming on the horizon, but likely after moving to 0-7 yesterday.

Enough hopeful "chances" and "tinkering" to try and produce a semblance of consistency, wouldn't you say?

Since the dust has settled - with emotions now grounded back in reality - time to weigh in on the next game. The Owls will have ample time to prepare for Arkansas State given the bye next weekend.

But the question everyone probably has on their minds in trying to figure out how to obtain a "W" for Homecoming is:

Who gets the start versus the Red Wolves.

Here are the likely candidates, and their numbers through seven games…….

Personally, would be surprised if Curtis is not tapped for his debut at the helm. May be a "greenhorn" by default labeling, but the numbers speak for themselves. Why not roll the dice for the sake of the future?

Anyway, what says you??
Back to the top

Re: POLL: Who Starts @ QB for the Owls Versus Arkansas State

Curtis should start – get him some real game experience going into next season.  But Wilbert will get the start.
Back to the top

I have a question about Curtis…I heard him say that he ran an option offense in high school, so unless we brought him in to run a set package of plays only some of the time, why the heck did we recruit him if we run a pro style offense?

It makes sense if we are going to have a set offense for him to come in and run to switch things up but not if the plan was for him to run a pro style offense and be our starter…unless we were going to a spread/option offense once Wilbert/Kooi were gone.
Back to the top

Give Curtis the start.

Wilbert's decesion making is HORRID and he doesnt seem to be on the same page at all with the WR/TE. MANY over thrown bals on Saturday.

I honestly will be very upset if Wilbert gets the start.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Colton... enroll NOW!!!!!!
Back to the top

owlfamily said

Give Curtis the start.

+1.

Nothing left to play for except pride at this point. If you start Curtis just as an experiment and it goes well, we could at least try to salvage what's left of the season and give the likely starter for the 2012 the game experience he needs.
Back to the top

Curtis Starting?

I know Curtis is supposed to be getting a lot of reps, but does anyone know if he will be starting?

Back to the top

Re: Curtis Starting?

I doubt it if coach isn't going to change anything. Maybe we'll see a lot of him but Wilbert will still start…Kooi should just transfer to a Div 2 school to play basketball..
Back to the top

If Coach wants to win a game this year, then Curtis will start, which is exactly why he will NOT start.

Who wants to go 1-11? I'd much rather go 0-12, now that is memorable.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Per FAU today, Curtis is not starting against ASU...Wilbert is.
Back to the top
Control functions: