Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

This team doesn't deserve TIME OFF!!!!!!!

Is anyone else frustrated that Coach is giving the team some time off this week? Granted I know it's a "bye-week", but this team has NOT showed up for a Saturday all year. They don't deserve time off. They need as much time on the practice field possible. I EXPECT to see them out there after 5pm everyday. Let's be real….this team can't just study films and practice for "game situations" when they can't even produce fundamentals.

HERE IS THE OTHER TEAM's GAME PLAN:  Show up against us on Sat.  Offense: Screen, draw, slant… TD      Defense: BLITZ and stuff the holes.

HAD TO VENT.

Thanks and GO OWLS.
Back to the top

Re: This team doesn't deserve TIME OFF!!!!!!!

Sad but true. Can't agree more. These guys deserve to go two a days.  >:(
Back to the top

I agree with your frustration, the team has not earned any "bonus" off time.  They should have their regular days off, but since its a bye, use it as more time to practice and fix our many problems.  Maybe thats not possible, I don't know.  What I would like to see is for someone (a player) to step up as a team leader and set up a team practice on their own.  No coaches, and make it voluntary.  Whoever shows up plays next week, whoever doesen't gets to ride the pine.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

This team doesn't deserve TIME OFF!!!!!!!

I believe the "time off" has a lot to do with the maximum amount of hours a team can practice a week....

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

better yet…how about some fire from a player. Step up to the media and take responsibility!  SHOW FIRE!!!!!!!!!
Back to the top

I think I've given up getting angry about this team because there's no use. Things have not changed the past 2 years so what's the point in hoping that we do things differently for coaches last 5 games?

Of course I'm hopeful that we do change things because I think we could scrape out a couple wins if we changed our O a bit and were able to put up more than 14 points.
Back to the top

FAUALUM2005 said

better yet…how about some fire from a player. Step up to the media and take responsibility!  SHOW FIRE!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't call taking responsibility in the media "showing fire" but I would like them to stop saying things like, "we just didn't execute" or "it wasn't anything the did, we just beat ourselves." Uh, yeah, when they blank us it's about more than just sweaty arms holding a ball.

Of all the players interviewed after the games, Marcus Barrels seems to care the most. I feel bad for him because you can tell how much he wants to stop the bleeding and he can't.

The other players just seem bored.
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

I believe the "time off" has a lot to do with the maximum amount of hours a team can practice a week….

+1.
Back to the top

Hopefully Stephen Curtis isn't taking time off.  He should be watching film all day trying to turn this thing around.

Few things still to look for this season, a) beat FIU and b) Stephen Curtis start to right the ship and get the team that will be back next year to believe in him.  If that happens, things could turn around in a hurry under a new head coach.  I have seen Curtis practice and think with legitamate playing time and the right QB coach (this is Jared Allens first year as QB coach so I am not holding him completely responsible for the development of our QB's) he will become a stud.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: