Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

What can be salvaged from this season?

I am going to credit Walty with this idea from a post in a previous thread.

We have five games to go and there have to be some things that we can hope for over the next five games that will help to turn the season around.

1) Beating FIU.

2) Alfred Morris getting 1000 yards on the ground for the season.

3) Getting a new QB (Curtis) some serious game experience to lead into next year.

4) Getting numerous underclassmen on the field.

5) Going 2-2 in the remaining conference games (this will be tough, but is possible)

6) Beating UAB

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Re: What can be salvaged from this season?

This was just a waste of a year .........................If Howard rings in the stadium and we never win did it really happen?
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

This was just a waste of a year …………………….If Howard rings in the stadium and we never win did it really happen?

Hmm. I don't know, but I think opening a $70million dollar stadium on campus means a lot more for the longterm prospects of this program than a winless season.

Which will be remembered longer???

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

owlfan1 said

owlcountry40 said

This was just a waste of a year …………………….If Howard rings in the stadium and we never win did it really happen?

Hmm. I don't know, but I think opening a $70million dollar stadium on campus means a lot more for the longterm prospects of this program than a winless season.

GO OWLS!!!

No way, I would have rather have gone 7-5 and went to the GMAC bowl.  Who cares about a stadium.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

owlfan1 said

owlcountry40 said

GO OWLS!!!

No way, I would have rather have gone 7-5 and went to the GMAC bowl.  Who cares about a stadium.

+1

GO OWLS!!!

Back to the top

Back to the OP, I think "turning the season around" is wishful thinking, but #3 and #4 are good ideas.  At least we can get some of the future players some real game experience.  I mean, really, do you care if we lose 34-17 with upperclassmen vs. 48-7 with younger players?

I don't know if Morris will get 1,000, but at least I hope some NFL scouts recognize that behind an absolutely wretched offensive line is a pretty damn good running back.
Back to the top

I would just like a win against FIU, but that has got to be highly doubtful!

:-[
Back to the top

What can be salvaged from this season?

Watching them last night I wouldn't say they're firing on all cylinders, TY is hobbled by that hammy and probably will be all year, they're certainly beatable. The problem is, we're just not good.
Back to the top

Get the new qb lot's of playing time before that game and "if" we can get the guys pumped up for the game who knows?
Back to the top

I honestly don't want anything "salvaged" from this season.  We do not have anything on the field this year that is worth even trying to improve.  I'd rather just get it over with, bring in new coaching staff and clean house, both on the field and on the sidelines.

Correction:  I hope we can salvage a fan base for next season as only the diehards will be left come December.  The stadium is amazing and I would really hate to see it empty.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top
Control functions: