Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Attendance Poll

How many fans will attend the 0-7 Owls first on-campus Homecoming Game?

Sold Out!
20,000+
10,000 to 20,000
Worse than a Marlins Home Game (347 people)

You must select between 1 and 24 options

FAU vs. WKU: 29,103
FAU vs. MTSU: 16,344
FAU vs. Ark. State: ???
Back to the top

Re: Attendance Poll

Announced will be around 15K or so.

Butts in the seat will be around 10K.

Casual fan aint shoing up for this product.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

I think it will be about 15,000.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Attendance Poll

not steal Rick's new go to but.

Exit39 +1

first home game for me in 4,5 years.
Back to the top

Attendance might be boosted a tad bit because it's Homecoming.
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

Attendance might be boosted a tad bit because it's Homecoming.

8k boosted to 9k

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Well, there certainly weren't 16,344 at the last game, so I guess we're going with paid attendance, right?  Figure 12-15k, with maybe 10k butts in seats.
Back to the top

The 8PM kickoff did kill attendance at MTSU game. This is 4PM so I think 20K announced with 15K actual butts in seats.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

BeastOwl said

The 8PM kickoff did kill attendance at MTSU game. This is 4PM so I think 20K announced with 15K actual butts in seats.

I don't understand this.  Seriously, I'm asking.  Why would (or does) an evening kickoff kill attendance?  I've heard this before, but I really don't get it.  True, 8PM is definitely late, and the only reason they did that, I'm sure, was for TV.  Why not 7PM?  Saturday night college football has great atmosphere.  I think it could be a thing.  It became a huge tradition in the '70s and '80s at FSU before they were a power – Seminole Saturday Night, they called it.  Well, at least until the TV money from afternoon games got too big to turn down, but we don't have that problem (yet).
Back to the top

The said

BeastOwl said

I don't understand this.  Seriously, I'm asking.  Why would (or does) an evening kickoff kill attendance?  I've heard this before, but I really don't get it.  True, 8PM is definitely late, and the only reason they did that, I'm sure, was for TV.  Why not 7PM?  Saturday night college football has great atmosphere.  I think it could be a thing.  It became a huge tradition in the '70s and '80s at FSU before they were a power – Seminole Saturday Night, they called it.  Well, at least until the TV money from afternoon games got too big to turn down, but we don't have that problem (yet).

My take on this is that many of the people at the 1st game were very "casual" Owl fans. The true diehards showed up for MTSU even with an 8PM kickoff.  For Arkansas State, alot of these casual fans are back for a 4:15 kickoff.  For now, many people don't want to spend their entire Saturday night at FAU stadium.  I do agree that once the fan base get stronger and we get more diehards, night games on Saturday will be rocking in this town.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top
Control functions: