Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK TEN - FAU vs. Arkansas State

Week Ten is already underway and the week started off to a fast start with Northern Illinois outscoring Toledo 63-60 to get things going. There are some strongly anticipated games this weekend that will be important for determining the hunt for the national championship. There are also some important SBC matchups this weekend. FEARLESS PREDICTIONS for this week…….

Louisiana vs. Louisiana Monroe 11/05

Cajun country is off to a 7-2 start (5-1 SBC) as UL looks to pick up the win against in-state rival Louisiana Monroe. The Warhawks of ULM are 2-6 overall and 1-3 in the SBC. This should be a win for the Ragin' Cajuns as they have one of the best offenses in the SBC.

FEARLESS PREDICTION: Louisiana 37 Louisiana-Monroe 24

Western Kentucky vs. Florida International 11/05

FIU (5-3, 2-2 SBC) started off the season 3-0 and looked to be a strong contender for the SBC title before losing 3 of their last 5. WKU (4-4, 4-1 SBC) is the surprise team of the SBC after starting out 0-4 and turning it around by winning 4 straight in conference leading up to this week. Both teams have solid defenses. The FIU offense is a bit more versatile than the Hilltopper offense. If WKU is going to win they will have to be the more physical team and they will have to control the time of possession and keep the ball away from the FIU offense. This could be a very good game that comes down to the wire.

FEARLESS PREDICTION: WKU 31 FIU 30

FAU vs. Arkansas State 11/05

The Owls (0-8, 0-4 SBC) play host to Arkansas State (6-2, 4-0 SBC) and look to spoil the Red Wolves' run at an undefeated season in the SBC. Arkansas State needs a win to stay ahead of WKU and Louisiana in the SBC standings. All things point to ASU putting up big points against FAU and stifling the FAU offense. FAU is playing to be the spoiler at this stage of the season and nothing would be sweeter on Saturday than to give ASU the first conference loss of the season. That is wishful thinking though. This one won't be close.

FEARLESS PREDICTION: Arkansas State 38 FAU 10

In non-SBC action:

#1 LSU visits #2 Alabama in a game that has all of the makings of a classic. This looks to be a defensive battle that I think LSU will come out on top of as Les Miles gets it done once again. FEARLESS PREDICTION: LSU in a close one.

#7 Arkansas hosts #9 South Carolina in what will be another SEC defensive battle. I am still not sold on South Carolina. This should be a good one, but my FEARLESS PREDICTION is for Arkansas to get the win.

That is all for this week. Cold beer plus good football equals happiness. GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Re: FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK TEN - FAU vs. Arkansas State

Given the emphasis placed in practice on the passing game the Owls do better, but still not enough to get out of the wrong column…

Truly HOPE to be proven wrong, though!

30-17 ASU
Back to the top

FAU  27
ASU  24

Thought I would try reverse psychology and hope that the team and coaches get their heads out of their butts.  Well I hope we turn it around here.  Plus I'll be flying down for the game with my oldest Son and hope this is the game FAU turns it around.  All we need is a few turn-overs and a couple of breaks and we too can Win ;D

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK TEN - FAU vs. Arkansas State

ASU 42
FAU 10

I'd be surprised if we draw more than 10k.

Back to the top

IT WILL BE MY FIRST HOME GAME IN 4 YEARS AT LEAST.

OWLS PULL THE HUGE UPSET FOR A LONG TIME OWLS NEST POSTER

FAU 24- asu 17

IF THEY'RE DOWN AT THE HALF, I'M COMING OUT OF THAT LOCKER ROOM RUDY STYLE - HEART, SHOULDER PADS, ZERO ABILITY (I STILL HAVE MY ELIGIBILITY).
Back to the top

:D I'll bring you a jersey Exit!

Welcome back to Boca.
Back to the top

If Graham Wilbert takes more than 30% of the snaps…

ASU 42 FAU 6

If Stephen Curtis takes more than 90% of the snaps….

ASU 35  FAU 27

Will be close if Curtis starts but he isnt ready and the team is too defeated to win this one.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

IF THEY'RE DOWN AT THE HALF, I'M COMING OUT OF THAT LOCKER ROOM RUDY STYLE - HEART, SHOULDER PADS, ZERO ABILITY (I STILL HAVE MY ELIGIBILITY).

No beer?

;D
Back to the top

I have tickets to the premier club, i'm enjoying myself tomorrow.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

I have tickets to the premier club, i'm enjoying myself tomorrow.

Nice!
Back to the top
Control functions: