Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

I can not take this anymore

I am so sick of  this program being a fuc**** loser, it is awful. Howard, you are awful you have become the joke of college football. We do not have a d-1 QB who was at the game. The entire coaching staff should start to walk in one direction and never ever look back.
Also Howard has always hated red, well it looks awesome when ASU wears red pants. (just another age old decison by the voice.) One day when i take my kids to FAU games and they see the staue of Howard and ask who is that i will tell then that this  is the man who stayed just way to long and almost runied the program.
Back to the top

Re: I can not take this anymore

So I guess he is not the guy that started this program from scratch, won two bowl games, and built a 30,000 seat stadium that is absolutely gorgeous. That must be some other guy Shmoward Shmellengurger or something.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

I am so sick of  this program being a fuc**** loser, it is awful. Howard, you are awful you have become the joke of college football. We do not have a d-1 QB who was at the game. The entire coaching staff should start to walk in one direction and never ever look back.
Also Howard has always hated red, well it looks awesome when ASU wears red pants. (just another age old decison by the voice.) One day when i take my kids to FAU games and they see the staue of Howard and ask who is that i will tell then that this  is the man who stayed just way to long and almost runied the program.

HOW DARE YOU SPEAK ILL OF THE MAN THAT BROUGHT YOU THE STADIUM!!!! LOL - jkg!

But expect to get attacked by the "Army of Schnelly". Hey I applaud coach for starting this program from scratch, but it's painfully obvious he stayed head coach a few seasons too long.
Back to the top

If you honestly can't handle watching the team lose… don't watch the team lose. Just go off and do something else on Saturdays.

We will be a better team next year. We may even be a bowl-eligible team next year. Everyone's sh*tting on us now but we'll get back to where we were and it won't matter. Look at FIU and WKU for example. Both teams were at the bottom of the barrel, easy targets for jokes, now they're winning again and people are saying, "Yeah, I heard that FIU team is pretty good this year." It sucks to live in the moment now but it'll be erased.

The defense is pretty damn good. We know that works. Bring in new offensive coaches, get the players to think about the game a little differently, and you'll see improvement.

Back to the top

;D

There is no "Army of Schnelley", just folks who have respect for what he has done.

I just don't see how continuing to post a tired and misdirected rant accomplishes anything…actually is just shows weakness to adversity, and inability to recognize reality IMO.

Back to the top

Oh please!  There's 4 more games left, get over it already.

The program is not "ruined".  Far from it.  We are in far better shape now then a year ago…the on field results just don't show it.  Take a step back and look at the big picture for once.  We have a great new stadium and a new coaching staff coming in.  Plenty of teams have had season's as bad as this one.  UCF lost 17 straight games and went winless in 2004 and then was in the CUSA championship game in 2005.  Teams can be turned around in a hurry.  It happens all the time.

Back to the top

Rick said

;D

There is no "Army of Schnelley", just folks who have respect for what he has done.

I just don't see how continuing to post a tired and misdirected rant accomplishes anything…actually is just shows weakness to adversity, and inability to recognize reality IMO.

Unfortunately there is. Hey I'm not going to sit and attack him now. This is what it is and to me there is no sense in kicking him while he's down, especially when you know he is the man responsible for our football program. But unfortunately the buck stops with him, and he has to take hits for the decline of this program. But I've seen for far too long on this board that there is a certain contingency that vilify anyone that wrongly or RIGHTLY criticizes him. As a D1 program the head coach has got to be held responsible for the good and the bad, and if people want to vent against what has happened the past 3 seasons, they should have every right to without people judging whether they are "true fans". This is D1 football and there has to be accountability on the head coach. This is especially true when you consider the success the program had in such a short amount of time. The fact that the NO bowl monentum has lead to this monstrosity in the "year of the stadium" is frankly unacceptable, and would be unacceptable to just about every other team in D1 football.
Back to the top

d-owl said

Rick said

;D

Unfortunately there is. Hey I'm not going to sit and attack him now. This is what it is and to me there is no sense in kicking him while he's down, especially when you know he is the man responsible for our football program. But unfortunately the buck stops with him, and he has to take hits for the decline of this program. But I've seen for far too long on this board that there is a certain contingency that vilify anyone that wrongly or RIGHTLY criticizes him. As a D1 program the head coach has got to be held responsible for the good and the bad, and if people want to vent against what has happened the past 3 seasons, they should have every right to without people judging whether they are "true fans". This is D1 football and there has to be accountability on the head coach.

Do we really need this argument again?  Fine…it's perfectly fine to criticize Howard.  The team is terrible and I'm sure Howard himself will tell you that it's ultimately his fault.  That said, what is the use in piling on at this point?  When the man stepped down prior to the season, he was admitting it was time to and the program over to someone new.  There's 4 more games left and everyone will be getting the change that we want/need.  Is it really helpful to anyone to continue to rant about the coaching staff?  Seems like a big waste of energy.  At this point, let it go.  My recommendation is to do the gracious thing….Thank Howard for what he's brought to the University and move on.  You can't change this season, but we can focus on what comes next.  The coaching search will be a whole lot more meaningful then any game this season was or will be.  If you can't stand watching this team anymore, OK…see you next year (or whenever we start winning again).    
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

d-owl said

Rick said

;D

Unfortunately there is. Hey I'm not going to sit and attack him now. This is what it is and to me there is no sense in kicking him while he's down, especially when you know he is the man responsible for our football program. But unfortunately the buck stops with him, and he has to take hits for the decline of this program. But I've seen for far too long on this board that there is a certain contingency that vilify anyone that wrongly or RIGHTLY criticizes him. As a D1 program the head coach has got to be held responsible for the good and the bad, and if people want to vent against what has happened the past 3 seasons, they should have every right to without people judging whether they are "true fans". This is D1 football and there has to be accountability on the head coach.

Do we really need this argument again?  Fine…it's perfectly fine to criticize Howard.  The team is terrible and I'm sure Howard himself will tell you that it's ultimately his fault.  That said, what is the use in piling on at this point?  When the man stepped down prior to the season, he was admitting it was time to and the program over to someone new.  There's 4 more games left and everyone will be getting the change that we want/need.  Is it really helpful to anyone to continue to rant about the coaching staff?  Seems like a big waste of energy.  At this point, let it go.  If you can't stand watching this team anymore, OK…see you next year (or whenever we start winning again).

I'm not piling on - I'm just stating the obvious based on the OP. I knew he would draw the ire of many posters on this board. Obviously we are still all on this board, listening to and going to games - so we are all fans. Some fans are going to have differing opinions on how this should be treated, but at the end of the day we all care for the state of this program.
Back to the top

I can not take this anymore

At this point its so expected we lose that it cannot be dissapointing.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top
Control functions: