Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

End of the "AQ"

Add topic

Not that a Sun Belt team has been in the top 10, but at least it would be progress!

B12 commish senses big change in BCS
Posted on: November 9, 2011 10:08 am

There is growing support toward eliminating automatic qualifier status in the next evolution of college football’s postseason according to Big 12 interim commissioner Chuck Neinas.

The concept has been discussed informally among the game’s power brokers and would represent a fundamental shift in the way the sport’s postseason is administrated. Neinas supports the change because he said eliminating the so-called “AQ” status would slow or stop conference realignment.

“I think there is growing sentiment to eliminate the automatic qualification part of the BCS,” Neinas told CBSSports.com this week. “You can see what’s happening. They [conferences] are gerrymandering all over the place under the intent to maintain an automatic qualification. History has shown you don’t need that if you are qualified.”

Removing AQ status would, in part, continue to benefit the power conferences who are currently bound by a two-team limit in the BCS. But it would also allowed so-called non-AQs a more consistent, fair entry into the BCS. No changes would take effect until the 2014 season.

article continued...
Back to the top

Re: End of the "AQ"

This is what we need to happen.  I was waiting for this shoe to drop.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Re: End of the "AQ"

End of the "AQ"

What's funny is the the BIG 12 commisioner senses the change…nooooooo…he of all people??

Lol
Back to the top
Control functions: