Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

How many Def. players has FAU had to make an official 53 man roster in the NFL?

all you FAU sports history buffs can answer this question.
Back to the top

Re: How many Def. player has FAU had to make an official 53 man roster in the NFL?

I don't think any prior to the Lockley signing…unless Laz did, but I think he was a practice squad guy.

So my answer is prior to today 0. As of today 1.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Re: How many Def. player has FAU had to make an official 53 man roster in the NFL?

anymore FAU SPORTS HISTORIANS around? betterthanthedeadorunborn, anyone!
Back to the top

Re: How many Def. players has FAU had to make an official 53 man roster in the NFL?

Frantz signed with the Raiders but got let go in the first cut

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Re: How many Def. players has FAU had to make an official 53 man roster in the NFL?

Burrowing Owl…there is only one man, the physical specimen, the most athletic linebacker the university has ever seen, and current champ of the best childhood award  ;) Lockley!
Back to the top

Thank you teamBeer for the acknowledgement. Michael Lockley is the first and only one, then it should be celebrated as such. Hip hip huray! Hip hip hurray! Hip hip hurray! Go you Burly Owl's! ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
Back to the top

I always thought Frantz Joseph would hit it big at the next level but it hasn't worked out for him yet.  He was impressive.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

BeastOwl said

I always thought Frantz Joseph would hit it big at the next level but it hasn't worked out for him yet.  He was impressive.

Oakland Raiders
The Oakland Raiders, signed Joseph as an undrafted free agent following the 2009 NFL Draft. He was waived by the Raiders on July 14, 2009.

Edmonton Eskimos
Joseph was signed to the Edmonton Eskimos practice roster on September 28, 2009.

Harford Colonials
Joseph signed with the Hartford Colonials of the United Football League in August 2010.
Joseph was the subject of a book released in 2010 by Bobby Deren entitled DRAFT SEASON: Four months on the clock.

Spokane Shock
Joseph signed with the Spokane Shock of the Arena Football League on September 29th, 2011.
Back to the top

How many Def. players has FAU had to make an official 53 man roster in the NFL?

AlexFAU06 said

BeastOwl said

I always thought Frantz Joseph would hit it big at the next level but it hasn't worked out for him yet.  He was impressive.

Oakland Raiders
The Oakland Raiders, signed Joseph as an undrafted free agent following the 2009 NFL Draft. He was waived by the Raiders on July 14, 2009.

Edmonton Eskimos
Joseph was signed to the Edmonton Eskimos practice roster on September 28, 2009.

Harford Colonials

Joseph signed with the Hartford Colonials of the United Football League in August 2010.
Joseph was the subject of a book released in 2010 by Bobby Deren entitled DRAFT SEASON: Four months on the clock.

Spokane Shock
Joseph signed with the Spokane Shock of the Arena Football League on September 29th, 2011.
Great info.  I've actually been following his progress and was referring to the fact that an NFL career hasn't really materialized for him……Yet.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

Great info on Joseph. As for Why he didn't thrive in the NFL, who knows? I wish he had, then we would of had more players Def as well as Off.  in the big show! Good job Mike,for being the first one. :) :) :) :)
Back to the top
Control functions: