Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

There is one thing I can tell you....

There is one thing I can tell you....

I would rather suffer through a 0-12 season than go through what Penn State is dealing with now…Wow, that's getting ugly fast over there…

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Re: There is one thing I can tell you....

Yeah, I knew bits about the scandal, but just finished reading the AP timeline report— my God!!! You think this will put a ding in their recruiting this season?  :P

Being sarcastic of course.

Beware the talons of the Mighty Owls!
Back to the top

Wow, Paterno just got fired....and the President of Penn State

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Ive said this before but I think its worth repeating….sadly PSU was one of the few schools left without a major scandal on their record, (FAU is still on that list BTW) and something like this should really put into perspective for those fans that are sick over our performance what "bad" really is. Those of us defending HS aren't enjoying the losses, I promise, but 10 years from now, our terrible season will be a foggy memory and probably funny to you, the Penn State fans will never, ever, be able to laugh about how their university handled these terrible crimes.
Back to the top

I agree, and I hope that all colleges and universities revisit their policies (and enforcement) for reporting of such allegations and eyewitness events. Every person on staff should understand there is a zero-tolerance policy for not reporting. Further, every player, recruit or other young person who enters the premises should understand how he/she can report such behavior easily, directly and anonymously, if necessary. And, every parent of the aforementioned groups should be given information (with phone numbers and email addresses) on how to report such violations. All of this should be a basic management position. Further, university police, and the administrator who supervises them, should be made to understand that they are not equipped to deal with child sexual abuse and that they must contact outside law enforcement in such cases. Many churches these days prohibit the clergy from being alone with an adult of the opposite sex or a child; two of the clergy or a clergy person and a ranking staffer must always be present. The same is true in many doctors' offices. It is sad that this is necessary, but it is a safeguard against abuse. Inconvenience is but a small price to pay for such safeguards.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

Ive said this before but I think its worth repeating….sadly PSU was one of the few schools left without a major scandal on their record, (FAU is still on that list BTW) and something like this should really put into perspective for those fans that are sick over our performance what "bad" really is. Those of us defending HS aren't enjoying the losses, I promise, but 10 years from now, our terrible season will be a foggy memory and probably funny to you, the Penn State fans will never, ever, be able to laugh about how their university handled these terrible crimes.

Your not kidding….I was thinking of bringing a paper bag to the last game if we were 0-11 going in….no way to poke fun at what is unfolding in unHappy Valley

-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

It is kinda ironic how just a few short weeks ago that article came out naming PSU as pretty much the biggest school on the NCAA's "good" list, and now look at what has happened.  It is sickening what happened there, but worse that it was covered up and swept under the rug, as a human being there is no excuse for that.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

But still clear of NCAA infractions. Now guilty of a much worse offense, covering up felony child molstation offense(s).
Back to the top

The real issue here is that it was swept under the rug by police and the district attorney....wow.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Just goes to show how powerful PSU is in Happy Valley
Back to the top
Control functions: