Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK ELEVEN: SHULA BOWL - FAU @ FIU

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK ELEVEN: SHULA BOWL - FAU @ FIU

Week Eleven is here and the landscape of college football has changed dramatically in the past 24 hours. Legendary Penn State coach Joe Paterno has been dismissed from Penn State only one week after winning his 409th game to surpass Eddie Robinson for the most wins ever in Division I football. Nobody could have predicted that Paterno would leave amidst a sex scandal that is shaking the very foundation of college football. Many of us have been witness to previous scandals including those involving USC, Auburn, North Carolina, and Ohio State. Some of us may even remember back to the days when SMU was handed the dreaded "Death Sentence". Even as those memories persist, the scandal at Penn State may leave an even longer and more indelible impression on college football. This is especially true due to the fact that Joe Paterno has directed the Penn State program, largely without incident, for the last 46 years. He was a pillar of the college football community and one of the very few true legends of the game. Talk this week will focus on the game, but the play on the field will be overshadowed by the happenings in Happy Valley.

As we focus on FAU and FIU, take a moment to remember that it is only a game and that is why we enjoy it. It provides us with an escape from reality and an opportunity to be part of something bigger than ourselves. At the same time, it is just a game and even the most heated rivalries mean little when compared to what happens off the field.

FEARLESS PREDICTION for this week:

I am going to keep this simple as only one game is on my mind.

FAU @ FIU 11/12

FAU (0-8, 0-5) has owned FIU (5-4, 2-3) in the annual rivalry known as the Shula Bowl. The Owls have one five straight against FIU and they have only lost one time in the history of the rivalry. FIU looks to move forward and become bowl eligible with a win this week. FAU has the opportunity to dash the hopes of FIU and continue the Shula Bowl streak. FIU should win this one based on what we have seen from each team thus far in the season. Even so, this is a rivalry game and anything can happen. I think this is a closer game than the records would indicate.

FEARLESS PREDICTION: FAU 27 FIU 24

That is all for this week as only one game matters as far as I am concerned. Enjoy the weekend and no matter the outcome, keep things in perspective.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

Re: FEARLESS PREDICTIONS WEEK ELEVEN: SHULA BOWL - FAU @ FIU

The only prediction I'll make this year (maybe its my fault that were not winning):

FAU 31 FIU 27

I have such a hard time picking against FAU, but this one is personal, I think our boys play fired up!
Back to the top

FAU 21

FIU 17

I think FIU is skitish. FAU rolls. ??? ??? ???
Back to the top

24-23

Owls.
Back to the top

Owls own'em
24-21
Back to the top

I have to go with the OWLS.
FAU 21 / FIU 14
??? :o surprise me!
Back to the top

FAU  28
FIU  17

OWLS claw the hell out of the Panthers!  Please win one Owls ???  This one is up to our players; our coaches just need to get lucky with some turnovers, because that's the only way our coaches could win a game for us………….This is absolutly the worst coaches that have ever worked for Howard!  Sorry for venting!!

Anyway, GO OWLS!
Back to the top

FAU 31- FIU 28

FIU misses a late FG to tie it and FAU brings home the shula bowl again, drenches Howard in Gatorade and FAU wins their only game of this miserable season

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

LOL @ this thread!
Back to the top

I was right about one thing, some of the players played really fired up….sadly they were outclassed so we resulted in personal foul penalty after penalty.

We were discussing this at the game, we get penalized nearly 200 yards in a game and were not really even good at playing dirty!! If you're going to take late hit QB penalties, REALLY hit the QB late! Pushing him down is all we do and the result is still 15 yards.

Were bad at being bad.
Back to the top
Control functions: