Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

How does Jody Brown still have a job?

Add topic

The FAU volleyball team managed to go winless in Sun Belt play this season and finished the season 3-26. Since going 29-3 in 2005, the Owls are 51-120 (.298) over the last six seasons. How the hell does coach Jody Brown still have a job? I should also ask the same about Brown's co-workers Brian Dooley and Kos Donev. They all clearly can't recruit or evaluate talent for sh!t.
Back to the top

Re: How does Jody Brown still have a job?

I had the same question. Only thing I can think of is that since it's not a revenue sport - and it's never covered by the media, so losses don't cause an uproar from the fans/community  - there's zero pressure to produce results.
Back to the top

But if we want to be in the mix with the UFs and FSUs of the world, we need to improve across the board. These coaches have been there for years and have produced little to nothing, yet they still have jobs. That fact scares me, as Angelos could just hire from within for the football coaching position if he's so comfortable with mediocrity.
Back to the top

How does Jody Brown still have a job?

Would almost bet that salaries.of some are now below current market value as well...making it more financially attractive to keep some over replacing them.
Back to the top

After a hiatus, Brown has been named the new Coach at Chapel Hill High…

Former Florida Atlantic coach taking over Chapel Hill volleyball | Chapel Hill High | ChapelHillNews.com
Back to the top
Control functions: