Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Assistant Coaches Out After Season

I usually don't link to articles from fauowlaccess.com because I don't like their "pay to read" policy, but they posted something especially newsworthy tonight.

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

FAU assistant coaches are formally told they will be let go at end of season

All the assistant coaches have been given their release effective December 6.  This is important for two reasons.  First, for everyone calling for "accountability", there it is…nobody will be back.  And second, SOMEBODY has to be in charge Dec. 7th…so it looks like we have a pretty good idea of when someone will be hired…sometime between the last game and Dec. 7.
Back to the top

Re: FAU Assistant Coaches Out After Season

Sounds like the new coach is already in place...
Back to the top

owlmart said

Sounds like the new coach is already in place…

I wouldn't go that far.  It was fairly widely known that none of these guys would be back.  Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but most, if not all, are on year-to-year contracts anyway.  I'd guess that this is the time of the year that they'd be told soon if their contract was being renewed anyway.
Back to the top

Good - the clean sweep that most of us wanted (and that is frankly deserved) will be a reality.
Back to the top

Surely we would not STUPID enough to clean house and have NO Coaching staff AT ALL during recruiting season? Well could be but…

also gives even more hope that something is either in the works or more likely a done deal already (and also hopefully means the new man is not working presently if ya catch my drift! :)

WE CAN HOPE CAN'T WE, WHAT ELSE DO WE HAVE RIGHT NOW, I mean besides a most beautiful on-campus stadium (which we need to sell lots of tickets to).

Go Owls!
Back to the top

howard will still be part of the football program going forward so there will be someone to run the day to day. i was on the field during the Arkansas state game between the 1st and 2nd quarter with some donors and i was grilling angelos. sounds like he wants to hire leach but leach is using us as a contingency plan. sounds like leach wants UCLA. that's the gist i got.

there's going to be plenty of people interested. if its a coordinator then he will leave before he coaches the bowl game at his current school. if its an ex-head coach, he'll be in place by mid december.

i've been following this team every game since it was 1AA. i would sit in bars in NYC solo watching games when they would be on some random channel. this past saturday was the first time i didn't bother checking the score in ten  years. With that sad I really don't give a flying f about any of the coordinators. Jobs in nature are competitive not a charity, when you don't fulfill your job description but actually the worst at it in the entire country, you don't deserve your job. Its called work for a reason.
Back to the top

FAU Assistant Coaches Out After Season

I'd like to think there is a possibility of winning even one game this season and avoiding the embarrassment of a goose egg.  If there was a ray of hope of winning a game, that notion is gone now. With this announcement, we're going 0-12.

Those coaches knew they were likely losing their jobs, now they even know when they need to  have their desks cleaned out.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

BeastOwl said

I'd like to think there is a possibility of winning even one game this season and avoiding the embarrassment of a goose egg.  If there was a ray of hope of winning a game, that notion is gone now. With this announcement, we're going 0-12.

Those coaches knew they were likely losing their jobs, now they even know when they need to  have their desks cleaned out.

I don't know.  This doesn't change anything.  They all had to know they were gone and I'd like to think the players would have extra motivation to get a win now.  These guys brought them here, the least they can do is to try their damnest to reward them with just one victory this season.
Back to the top

I don't know.  This doesn't change anything.  They all had to know they were gone and I'd like to think the players would have extra motivation to get a win now.  These guys brought them here, the least they can do is to try their damnest to reward them with just one victory this season.

Did they reward one of the great coaches in NCAA history, the father of this program, with even one win yet in his final season?  Why would they care about sending these assistant coaches off with a win?

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Surely we would not STUPID enough to clean house and have NO Coaching staff AT ALL during recruiting season? Well could be but…

I'm with you, and I'd like to think he's basically offered the job and it's just a matter of signing papers… but realistically yeah, they could clean house knowing that SOMEONE is going to come in here in December, hire coaches and recruit.
Back to the top
Control functions: