Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Can we see a decent crowd next week for Coach's last game?

I think we will get a decent size crowd for the Coach's last game on the third of December. Winning on Saturday should help bring some of fans in.
Back to the top

Re: Can we see a decent crowd next week for Coach's last game?

I say about 6k....sucks, but a 1- 10 team is lucky to get that...

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

18k official count.  12000 actual.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

I think we should have contacted Louisville and especially UM fans, and shoot, even old time Dolphins fans. Invite them with special ticket packages to come see the "Legend" coach his last game.
Back to the top

I would hope that FAU is reaching out to the ALumni groups for UM, Lousiville, and even Dolphins management.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

I would hope that FAU is reaching out to the ALumni groups for UM, Lousiville, and even Dolphins management.

It's a shame that we don't have enough of our own fans willing to go to our own game in our own brand new awesome stadium.

That says a lot.

Of course, those who don't go will be demanding better stadiums and better coaches but won't give a penny to get any of it.

They will argue that they would go if this and if that…

That is why we are where we are right now.
Back to the top

We are where we are right now because we JUST got that stadium.  If we had the stadium 2 years earlier, I gaurantee we wouldn't have been flirting with a winless season and thus, having sparce crowds at the stadium.  The reality is that Lockhart and the stadium delays over the years made it tough to not only recruit, but build a fan base.  It's easy to look at where we are at the moment and blame the fans, but there have been a number of factors that have led us to this point.  The beautiful stadium is a really good start…the new staff is the next step.  The fans will come as the team improves, but show me the team, especially at the non-AQ level, that is 1-10 and drawing good crowds. Troy has been really good for a long time, but look at what a terrible season has done to their attendance.  They had fewer people at the game we played up there a week ago then we had for UAB yesterday.
Back to the top

Winning is everything isn't it.  There's no loyalty in losing.  Wonder how many show up to each game in this new stadium if this year's team was as good as the '07 team?

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

Can we see a decent crowd next week for Coach's last game?

fauowls44 said

We are where we are right now because we JUST got that stadium.  If we had the stadium 2 years earlier, I gaurantee we wouldn't have been flirting with a winless season and thus, having sparce crowds at the stadium.  The reality is that Lockhart and the stadium delays over the years made it tough to not only recruit, but build a fan base.  It's easy to look at where we are at the moment and blame the fans, but there have been a number of factors that have led us to this point.  The beautiful stadium is a really good start…the new staff is the next step.  The fans will come as the team improves, but show me the team, especially at the non-AQ level, that is 1-10 and drawing good crowds. Troy has been really good for a long time, but look at what a terrible season has done to their attendance.  They had fewer people at the game we played up there a week ago then we had for UAB yesterday.

I don't disagree with you, but everything is because we do not have many fans who are financial participants.  We would have had the stadium 2 years earlier IF we had an alumni base that gave money.

Lockhart is not to blame.  We were in Lockhart because of our lack of fan base.

Same reason we have the burrow and not a division 1 basketball arena.  We celebrate when we have 2,000 fans.  We should have 2,000 standing outside who can't get in because it is full.

Students, alumni, and the community could take this program to the next level tomorrow.  They just have to be willing participants. 
Back to the top

BeastOwl said

Winning is everything isn't it.  There's no loyalty in losing.   Wonder how many show up to each game in this new stadium if this year's team was as good as the '07 team?

I think there something to be said for loyalty and fans showing up no matter what, but that isn't realistic for us at this stage.  It takes years of success and tradition to build that type of loyalty in a fan base.  
Back to the top
Control functions: