Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

UM NO Bowl!

UM has announced they will pass on playing in a bowl game this year. Trying to limit the damage the NCAA is gonna hit them with.

Feel bad for the seniors on their team - wonder if they were asked about THEIR sacrifice so Golden can try to keep his prized recruiting class in place? What A WEASEL, might make senese for the "long term good" of the U and the program but I personally don't think it is right for this years players.

No bowl for you: Miami’s first act of NCAA contrition is a postseason ban - Dr. Saturday - NCAAF Blog - Yahoo! Sports

Wonder if the Belt gets another slot now (either 8-4 FIU or 7-5 WKU who have both qualified - and are more deserving than 6-6 UM anyhow IMHO - are still on the outside looking in by all bowl projections). What a strange year. ASU, ULL, FIU and WKU in and Troy, MTSU and FAU out of bowl eligibility. Quite a flip-flop of conference positions - another bad timing issue for the Owls but also a good sign of how QUICKLY the situation can be righted!
Back to the top

Re: UM NO Bowl!

UM NO Bowl!

Ha!  They pass on a bowl that for a program like thiers is considered not good and would cost the school money to go to anyway.  What a sacrifice.  ::)

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Re: UM NO Bowl!

GeorgiaOwl said

UM has announced they will pass on playing in a bowl game this year. Trying to limit the damage the NCAA is gonna hit them with.

Feel bad for the seniors on their team - wonder if they were asked about THEIR sacrifice so Golden can try to keep his prized recruiting class in place? What A WEASEL, might make senese for the "long term good" of the U and the program but I personally don't think it is right for this years players.

No bowl for you: Miami’s first act of NCAA contrition is a postseason ban - Dr. Saturday - NCAAF Blog - Yahoo! Sports

Wonder if the Belt gets another slot now (either 8-4 FIU or 7-5 WKU who have both qualified - and are more deserving than 6-6 UM anyhow IMHO - are still on the outside looking in by all bowl projections). What a strange year. ASU, ULL, FIU and WKU in and Troy, MTSU and FAU out of bowl eligibility. Quite a flip-flop of conference positions - another bad timing issue for the Owls but also a good sign of how QUICKLY the situation can be righted!

You do realize that many of "this years players" as you put it, are the reason they are in this mess right?  They had their hands out and got caught and deserve the suspensions they received at the start of the season and the shame they face for ending their careers this way, as losers.
Back to the top
Control functions: