Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Tailgating Newcomer Questions

Hey everyone - I've been meaning to go to a game all year and finally will be going this weekend.  I had a few questions:

1. Are they still strict about starting 4 hours before?  Someone described arriving a little early and being forced to circle for awhile.  If I arrive at 11:40 will they make me do that?
2. If I have a random group of people going who will arrive willy-nilly, could I realistically say "Meet me at Lot 6" and it shouldn't be a problem?  Or do they direct people into whatever lot they want?
3. Maybe a little far-fetched, but anyone ever try using the baseball/softball fields?  My friends and I like playing kickball and drinking, but I'm assuming the Athletics dept wouldn't appreciate that.  :)

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Re: Tailgating Newcomer Questions

You will be turned away until high noon.  If you and your friends don't all have a parking pass to the same Lot#, I'd recommend a paid parking for $15 in the Lot right behind Lot 2.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

11:40 won't get you booted….they were very strict at the first game but have gotten way more lax now, you'll be fine arriving at that time. I pulled into the yellow lot at 11:45 this week.

If your friends are arriving earlyish as well then you won't have a problem, just make sure they all come in the same way. If you're going to the lot by the basketball gym then have everyone enter from glades west.

Lastly the school doesn't have a rule against alcohol consumption and team sports but I'd guess they prefer it not on their property  ;)
Back to the top

I've seen tailgating in all the lots, and drinking, but as along as you don't get too out of hand, you will be fine.
Back to the top

Tailgating Newcomer Questions

TeamBeer said

11:40 won't get you booted….they were very strict at the first game but have gotten way more lax now, you'll be fine arriving at that time. I pulled into the yellow lot at 11:45 this week.

This is good to know, I hadn't gotten there that early since game 1

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

Yeah we were forced to wait 15 minutes when we arrived early on game #1 but after that they've really gotten easy with it.
Back to the top

Thanks!  Some more Qs:

Are the lots numbered according to the map?  Like, if someone drives in will there be signs saying "Lot 10," "Lot 6," etc.?

How much do tickets tend to be at the gate?  Ticketmaster has 'em for $13 but I'm assuming they'd be cheaper? (I went with some people to Lockhart once and a guy just handed us free tickets, ha ha)

Back to the top

jestert79 said

(I went with some people to Lockhart once and a guy just handed us free tickets, ha ha)

You might get that lucky for Howard's last game…they want a nice crowd

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Silver_Bullet32 said

jestert79 said

(I went with some people to Lockhart once and a guy just handed us free tickets, ha ha)

You might get that lucky for Howard's last game…they want a nice crowd

Well, now I'm a Master's student so I'd get in free.  I found out faculty/staff can buy tix for $5 each as well.

Back to the top

jestert79 said

Well, now I'm a Master's student so I'd get in free.  I found out faculty/staff can buy tix for $5 each as well.

Just so you don't get surprised on Sat., although you do get in free with the active Owl card but you have to sit in the student section.  My wife is working on her master's as well so I have told her she has to sit in the student section while I go the the priority club and have a beer or two.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: