Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Mike Leach to Washington St.

You can put the hopes of Mike Leach coming to FAU out of your heads. He's your next coach at Washington State.
Back to the top

Re: Mike Leach to Washington St.

just saw it on the bottom line. sucks. i thought there was a shot a month ago but not once all these bigger programs had spots open. i figured arizona state, ucla would have gotten him

Back to the top

Mike Leach to Washington St.

F :-[
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

F :-[

PLUS 1

That's what happens when we sit on our hands!!!
Back to the top

For all of the negative opinions saying we NEVER had a real chance at him, do they realize that until WSU became the LAST of the 10 BigSix program to fire their coach, I beleive we were going to get him. he had NO real inrterest from the admins of the other 9 programs, not even mentioned except by fan boards at most!

But WSU did the smart thing, dumped their guy and JUMPED on Leach with a HUGE offer for them - $2M up from $600K - more than 3x prior coaches pay. And they got it done in two days to boot - love to have a PAC12 schools assets would'nt you!

I still beleive he would have been more successful here by far over WSU, it will be MUCH tougher to turn them around in the PAC12 over us in the Belt (or even CUSA) but he got probably 4x what we could do.

The Belt (especially FIU) is breathing much easier now (as are UM, UCF and USF) and  the two biggest losers are obviously FAU and Boise St. as they are now rivals for the same recruits as Coach Leach at WSU. Boise's level of recruiting just dropped a few notches overnite!

I hope we can sign the Arky OC, he seems to be the best coach available now, and the only real competition for him accoring to Rivals is UAB (whom were denied their on-campus stadium!). We need to elevate our Coaching to a much higher level and the SEC is as good as it gets guys!
Back to the top

OWL4EVER said

That's what happens when we sit on our hands!!!

Nah, we weren't sitting on our hands - Leach reportedly had an offer and was scheduled to come to campus on Wednesday (meaning he would have been there yesterday) to check out the facilities.

We can't force someone to come coach here.

If we could, Urban Meyer wouldn't have had the chance to sign with Ohio State because we would have scooped him up.
Back to the top
Control functions: