Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Pelini Deal to Coach FAU Worth $2.5M over 5 Years

Back to the top

Re: Pelini Deal to Coach FAU Worth $2.5M over 5 Years

Ok,

So this is it. This is the done deal.

Time to rally behind the new coach. Time to give him a chance. Time to see how he handles the press. Time to see the recruiting.

The new era in FAU football begins today.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

I will support Pelini and this team, but that is a good chunk of change and a good length, no way we buy him out so I truly hope he is the man for the job.
Back to the top

owlmart said

I will support Pelini and this team, but that is a good chunk of change and a good length, no way we buy him out so I truly hope he is the man for the job.

Some of that money is incentive based.  While the deal is "worth $2.5MM" he probably will earn $350-$400K/season without winning the conference or winning a bowl game.

Buyouts are not based on the remainder of the contract.  Typically they are decreasing as the contract nears it's end or they are based on years and w/l records.  Either way, once it is official it is public record and you will be able to read the whole thing yourself for full details online.
Back to the top

Overall I think it's a good hire. We've all been living in a fantasy world expecting a high profile hire (myself included) for the last few months. Yes, we have a beautiful new stadium. Yes, we're located in the heart of the recruiting hotspot. However, we're in the Sunbelt and we suck.

Overall, $500k(basic math) isn't "big name" money in the world of College Football. We got what we could afford.

My blood runs Red, White and Blue! Go Owls!
Back to the top

Need to get the Coordinators 100K per year and all the rest 75K to get a good staff for the Belt! INCLUDING a special teams Coach!

Welcome Coach Pelini, good luck and kick some ass! This is now YOUR program, don't feel ANY need to hold to "past" styles or glories, let's go forward!
Back to the top

Defintley a QB coach who can teach these QB's to properly throw the ball.
Back to the top

That's a lot of friggin' money for a guy who's never head-coached in I-A, has a bit of baggage and is in the Sun Belt. But if he can bring a bowl game every year, top-20 rankings and more, I suppose it would be money well spent.
Back to the top

If you think every coach who makes 500 k a year is in the top 20 rankings, then I guess you simply have not watched college football. Most college coaches in D1 make way over that amount.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Pelini Deal to Coach FAU Worth $2.5M over 5 Years

And they're all overpaid. $500,000 per year is huge for the Sun Belt and for a non-name, it's more than is deserved, to start, anyway.
Back to the top
Control functions: