Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Coach Pelini - let's focus on Delray Beach for a start...

Re: Coach Pelini - let's focus on Delray Beach for a start...

Jab979 said

Gotta give the guy a chance. He's been at this for less than a week. Other coaches have already had time to look at game film and watch these kids play. He's just starting out. He doesn't even have an OC yet.

Gotta cut him some slack until we see a team full of most of his recruits play

I agree, just wanted to point it out.

I would like to hear what some of the most vocal critics of our past recruiting say about this. This is the kind of recruit that we previously brought in, and they were not happy because he was a complete unknown.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

Jab979 said

Gotta give the guy a chance. He's been at this for less than a week. Other coaches have already had time to look at game film and watch these kids play. He's just starting out. He doesn't even have an OC yet.

Gotta cut him some slack until we see a team full of most of his recruits play

I agree, just wanted to point it out.

I would like to hear what some of the most vocal critics of our past recruiting say about this. This is the kind of recruit that we previously brought in, and they were not happy because he was a complete unknown.

Very true. Gotta take the good with the unknown sorta speak. There may be a bunch more that are offered with no stars, but there also may be a few with 3 or 4 that get offers too. He may out there looking at 1 kid when another catches his eye

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

owlfamily said

Jeremey Gaskins

Rivals = 0 stars
ESPN= No listing
Scout= No Listing

Now I dont really have an issue with it. If Coach sees something fine, but it appears NO one else has.

Well now you're being consistant…thank you.  This kid is the same type of kid we have been recruiting for years….I have no problem with it.  Coach him up and develop him.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

owlfamily said

Jeremey Gaskins

Rivals = 0 stars
ESPN= No listing
Scout= No Listing

Now I dont really have an issue with it. If Coach sees something fine, but it appears NO one else has.

I know he has only been here a week but this is more of the same ::)
Back to the top

walty12 said

owlfamily said

Jeremey Gaskins

Rivals = 0 stars
ESPN= No listing
Scout= No Listing

This kid is the same type of kid we have been recruiting for years….I have no problem with it.  Coach him up and develop him.
the type of kids we have been recruiting for years is the reason we were 1-11 There is a reason why WKU FIU and ASU have had some of the top classes in the Belt.
Here are some numbers someone posted on ted blog this morning
Here are some numbers for the "non-star believers" to think about:
2009 3-Stars Players
FIU= 5 (Plus a 4 star)
FAU= 2
2010 3-Stars
WKU =5
FIU =10
Ark State =6
FAU= 1
2011 3-Stars
WKU= 11!
FIU= 10!
Ark State= 7!
ULL= 7!
FAU=2
And who are the 4 teams on top of the Sun Belt this year?
Walty you need to stop living in this world of if we get a kid no matter how talented if he try's really really hard we will be really good…….it dose not work this way if your not even being looked at by any other D-1 schools your probably not that good nine times out of ten.

Back to the top

This class probably won't be significantly greater than previous classes. It is hard to pull in top high school talent with less than 2 months of contact before signing day so coach will probably work some with the list of the previous staff and then try to pull in a few other guys of his own.

The key this year will be JUCO talent.

We can better judge the recruiting of Pelini after he has had a full year to work. The signing class of 2013 will be a much better indicator.

GO OWLS!!!

2017 and 2019 Conference USA Champions
Back to the top

This class will be rushed - I wouldn't expect a really stellar recruiting class yet really. Next year's class, however, needs to be the best class in FAU history as far as I'm concerned.
Back to the top

I agree.  You gotta look at it from the kid's point of view, a 1-11 FAU with a new coach offers a scholarship versus an improving program with a resident coach.  Who would you pick?

Of course we would gamble on it, but I'm not sure a HS senior and his family would.  I don't expect much recruiting improvement this year, but I think we can do a better job with the guys we do recruit.  After seeing that, the players will come next year.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

owlfamily said

True.

As owlfan1 said, this is crunchtime and any top caliber guys have probably already committed to a BCS program. Hate to admit it but yeah, outside of JUCO standouts, I can't see us netting too many high-rated players in this class.

I did like the T.J. Moon highlight video though. Think that kid could be big for us. He's quick. That's who I'm most excited about so far in this incoming class.
Back to the top

Coach Pelini - let's focus on Delray Beach for a start...

owlfamily said

Jeremey Gaskins

Rivals = 0 stars
ESPN= No listing
Scout= No Listing

BUT…. These schools have shown interest; Indiana, Middle Tennessee, UCF & Bowling Green.
Back to the top
Control functions: