Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Tim Tebow Dazzles the Nation . . .

Add topic

He has led the Denver Broncos to one improbable victory after another—defying his critics and revealing the deep-seated anxieties in American society about the intertwining of religion and sports . . .

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203413304577084770973155282.html?mod=WSJ_hp_MIDDLENexttoWhatsNewsTop
Back to the top

Re: Tim Tebow Dazzles the Nation . . .

Said it before and will say it again:

The only reason people do not like him is because he is a winner.

Add Christianity to that, and you have the recipe for outright hatred.

Regardless, and love him or hate him, he is defying the odds…and probably pissing off John Elway, who has tried his best not to admit he is the right guy to lead thier team - despite the fact Tebow is now 7-1 as a starter this season.

:D
Back to the top

Rick said

Said it before and will say it again:

The only reason people do not like him is because he is a winner.

Regardless, and love him or hate him, he is defying the odds…and probably pissing off John Elway, who has tried his best not to admit he is the right guy to lead thier team - despite the fact Tebow is now 7-1 as a starter this season.

:D

I think it's ridiculous that people don't like him. I didn't like him at UF because he was good! But how can you not like him now? Who cares if he's Christian, Catholic, Jewish, Atheist it's football not a holy war! He's defying the odds and he's working his butt off while doing so. Everyone keeps saying oh he can't do it, he's not a QB. Well, maybe he's not but all that matters is that he wins. It may not be pretty, he may not be Elway, Montanna or even Aaron Rodgers but he's won 7 of his 8 games and is on the verge of leading to the playoffs for the first time in 5 years.

I have respect for him and the more people say he can't do it the more he shows that he may be an underdog but he's winning. Brian Urlacher came out and said Tebow is a "great running back". Jealous are we? I bet the Bears would rather have Tebow than Caleb Hainey.

With that said:
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2011/12/tim-tebow-tebowing-officially-recognized-as-a-word/1

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Rick said

As some of these articles point out, it's not that he's merely Christian - a lot of athletes and famous people are - it's that he's one of those super-Christians that makes secular people uncomfortable.

ESPN didn't seem to be bothered by it before when they were slobbing on his knob every weekend, pointing out that he went on a Christian mission trip to… the Phillipines?… and praising his character as a result.
Back to the top

I hated him because he went to UF.  I just really hate UF.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Rick said

As some of these articles point out, it's not that he's merely Christian - a lot of athletes and famous people are - it's that he's one of those super-Christians that makes secular people uncomfortable.

ESPN didn't seem to be bothered by it before when they were slobbing on his knob every weekend, pointing out that he went on a Christian mission trip to… the Phillipines?… and praising his character as a result.

I don't think the visual was required to make the point!

;)

Back to the top

I'll admit I wasnt a fan of the guy for a few reasons.

No outright hatred, just didnt think he was the "all that and a bag of chips" that he was made out to be.

However, results are results, the guy has WON the locker room over, and is winning games. It's not pretty, its not easy, but he is getting it done. And thats all that matters. The guy has "Won" at every level of football hes played at.

I hope the Bronco's do well because Tebow is a gamer/winner. Hes proven it.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

I've got no problem with Tebow as a person or a player, he's talented, and a great leader.  I'm personally not very religious, but I don't care that he is.  I just can't stand all the media attention he gets, from his days at UF and continuing now in the pros.  If he played for any other team in college I probably would have been a really big fan, but hearing the constant drooling from annoying gator fans and biased media coverage killed it for me.

I'd still love to have him on the fins though.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

Tim Tebow Dazzles the Nation . . .

Rick said

I don't think the visual was required to make the point!

;)

Yeah  8) well we're all adults here. And I'm pretty annoyed with ESPN after years of slanted coverage. And it's true.
Back to the top

I don't really care for Stephen Smith's "personality", but have to admit this was funny to read:

"I'm sick to my stomach. You can't fight Divine Intervention. Clearly – with Tebow – That's what is at work here. I give up!"
Back to the top
Control functions: