Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

I think Craig Angelos needs a huge Thank You from Owl Nation.

I think we've been so caught up in if Carl & Marvin were good hires, that we forgot to say Thank You to the one that pulled it off for us.  So Craig, thank you for working so hard and diligently to find the right fit and replacement for legendary HS.

The future is very bright and I have no doubt that Carl will turn this team around almost immediately.  Please continue to make us proud and sincerely THANK YOU FROM OWL NATION!!

GO OWLS!

The Hamilton's

Back to the top

Re: I think Craig Angelos needs a huge Thank You from Owl Nation.

Totally agree OWL4EVER.
Back to the top

I think Craig Angelos needs a huge Thank You from Owl Nation.

I wouldn't get so happy so early. It's absolutely impossible to see how good of a hire this is 2 weeks into the new regime. Pelini has only done what every other new head coach does…"I'm really excited to be here…Thank you for the opportunity…We're going to win ball games…blahblahblah" Yes he's hired what seems to be a strong DC but c'mon, before we go saying that Angelos needs a raise for getting Pelini, let's see how Pelini does his first year.

But don't worry, I'll be sure to give Angelos a big wet kiss if we go 8-4 and win the conference next year.

:D
Back to the top

While I think it is good to be cautious, I would like to say thank you to Angelos for finding what we hope is a great new leader.  Most people on here agree that we needed a "name" coach, and whether it was Bo or Carl, the "Pelini" name is one of those great football pedigrees.  Our coordinators team is starting to look good as well, now lets see how spring practice goes.  I for one am just glad to see a change and am looking forward to the future.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

A lot of people that care a lot about FAU do not think Angelos has done a good job and they are passionate about it.  I'm not completely sure what the deal is there but my opinion hasn't been formed yet.  I want to see how the Jarvis thing and this coaching hire of Pelini works out.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

A lot of people that care a lot about FAU do not think Angelos has done a good job and they are passionate about it.  I'm not completely sure what the deal is there but my opinion hasn't been formed yet.  I want to see how the Jarvis thing and this coaching hire of Pelini works out.

+1

Its a good start, but he just swung at the pictch. We have to see how far it goes.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

Well spring practice is around the corner, and may Rick can get permission to video tape some interviews during it and post it here.  ;D
Back to the top

walty12 said

I've heard the same as well, but I think he is doing what he can with the miniscule budget he has to work with.  BTW, the big sticking point with Jarvis is this coach-in-waiting stipulation he wants for his son.  I think that is too much to ask of any program and I would not hang that on Craig if Jarvis bolts. 

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

You wouldn't blame Craig if Jarvis left? I would! So his son wants to be coach in waiting, isn't that a good thing? To me that means the elder Jarvis cares about this school and doesn't want them to regress after he decides it's time to retire.

With his son having a contract to be named coach in waiting, maybe he feels that he doesn't have to over stay his welcome. A lot of people feel Howard stayed to long, that may be something Jarvis wants to avoid.

Naming a coach in waiting only makes sense which is why FAU won't do it

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

You wouldn't blame Craig if Jarvis left? I would! So his son wants to be coach in waiting, isn't that a good thing? To me that means the elder Jarvis cares about this school and doesn't want them to regress after he decides it's time to retire.

With his son having a contract to be named coach in waiting, maybe he feels that he doesn't have to over stay his welcome. A lot of people feel Howard stayed to long, that may be something Jarvis wants to avoid.

Naming a coach in waiting only makes sense which is why FAU won't do it

Oh Really?  Wouldn't it be nice for the school to choose their coach in waiting?..And not have it as a contingency to a contract with the incumbent coach?  This does not take away from the incredible job he is doing, but I don't believe nepotism s/b part of contractual negotiation.   

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top
Control functions: