Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Forum Maintenance & Updating

Add topic

Due to the size of the forum and the amount of content we have, we are at a point where I need to do a major updating and maintenance of the forum and on the server side of things.  There might be some information lost in the process, mostly Video's from older posts that are at least a year old and up.  (Videos take a huge amount of space & take a very long time to transfer).

The updates will take care of any security and performance issues and ensure the forum continues to work seamlessly with no down-time.

Combined with issues that have occurred in the past that can no longer be tolerated with our current hosting company, it has been decided to change hosting company at the same time I take care of the maintenance details.  They were a few issues I encountered over the weekend that is making the process much slower then anticipated and looks like it will take a few more days to get everything under wraps.

I just wanted to remind everyone that the forum will be placed in maintenance mode for an hour or so, once we are ready to go live on the new hosting site.  This could happen sometime today or tomorrow.

Thank you for your patience during the next couple of days.

Francois & Rick
Back to the top

Re: Forum Maintenance & Updating

Francois,

What happened to the 2010 Pick'Em prizes? I would still like mine. If there was some issue I would understand, but I would still like to know what happened.

Thanks.
Back to the top

Forum Maintenance & Updating

Good question that has been asked repeated times.
Back to the top

Yes, I will be taking care of the prizes when I get back from the holidays (after the New Year).  I've had to deal with a lot of personal & work stuff this year and had very little chance to do much of anything.  I am now just starting to get do some of the things that have been on the to-do list since the beginning of the year.

I am still working on the migration to the new hosting company and will let you know when everything is complete.
Back to the top

Welcome back man, it's been a long time since we've seen you on here!
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

Should be able to drop by more often and getting in touch with FAU stuff again.
Back to the top

Francois said

TeamBeer said

Should be able to drop by more often and getting in touch with FAU stuff again.

Good to hear. Welcome back!
Back to the top

Hello everyone,

The move has been completed and we are just waiting for the propagation to complete for everyone.

Apologies this occured during the day, but there were a few issues to deal with before executing the move.

Thanks,

- Francois & Rick
Back to the top

More drama…

The former host turned the old site back on, and there were two sessions of the same forum being propagated based on what refresh version members were looking at.

We have since shut that down, and now a message page displays in the event the wrong one is tapped.

So, if it seems like "some" posts are vanishing, they are not, they are just going to be delayed getting back into view for the next 24 hours.

Again, apologies for the issues. Changing a DNS is a big deal, and that is what we ended up having to do.

Thanks
Back to the top

Technology is great but it CAN BE A BITCH too! :D
Back to the top
Control functions: