Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Isiah Thomas on the Hot Seat at FIU?

Add topic

Isiah Thomas on the Hot Seat at FIU?

Saw an article on ESPN Insider basically saying that Thomas is on the hot seat. Taking over a team that had lost 20 games in 2009 and hasn't had a winning season since 2000, Thomas' performance has been sub par thus far.

Here's a side by side comparison of what Jarvis has done at FAU and what Thomas has done at FIU

Jarvis:                                              Isiah Thomas:

2008-2009 - 6-26                          2009-2010 - 7-25
2009-2010 - 14-16                        2010-2011 - 11-19
2010-2011 - 21-11                        2011-2012 - 3-7
2011-2012 - 4-6
———————-                 ———————–
45-59 Overall                               21-51 Overall

So Thomas has nearly as many losses as Jarvis does and he's coached at FIU 1 less season. I think he's a great recruiter, but a terrible coach. They gave Maryland a hell of a scare last night. With a good coach, they would've won that game

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Re: Isiah Thomas on the Hot Seat at FIU?

Sign me up for MJ ANY day of the week over Thomas…too much baggage. Says weird things publically…

And, most importantly: Not a winning coach.

As noted above, the records speak for themselves…….

As does tying the Nicks worst season (59 losses).
Back to the top

Rick said

Sign me up for MJ ANY day of the week over Thomas…too much baggage. Says weird things publically… And, most importantly: Not a winning coach.

Exactly. I would have no faith in that guy whatsoever.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Rick said

Sign me up for MJ ANY day of the week over Thomas…too much baggage. Says weird things publically… And, most importantly: Not a winning coach.

He was ready to bolt for the Knicks as soon as the opportunity came along. He went back to FIU after the NBA and NCAA said not so fast my friend.

They should fire him, I bet a new coach could come in there and do a great job with the recruits he's brought in. Great players don't always make great coaches. Ask Magic Johnson and Wayne Gretzky. Very rare to find a player who's in the HOF in any sport as a player and as a coach. According to Wikipedia there's 3 members of the Basketball HOF who are in there as both a player and a coach:

John Wooden, Bill Sharman, and Lenny Wilkens

Back to the top

Jab979 said

owlcountry said

Rick said

He was ready to bolt for the Knicks as soon as the opportunity came along. He went back to FIU after the NBA and NCAA said not so fast my friend.

They should fire him, I bet a new coach could come in there and do a great job with the recruits he's brought in. Great players don't always make great coaches. Ask Magic Johnson and Wayne Gretzky. Very rare to find a player who's in the HOF in any sport as a player and as a coach. According to Wikipedia there's 3 members of the Basketball HOF who are in there as both a player and a coach:

John Wooden, Bill Sharman, and Lenny Wilkens

I think they should keep him. Give him a raise! That way they could stink up the place even more and we can spank them again…Can't stand FIU.

-Go Owls!
Back to the top

It could be a baaaad Xmas for the Kitties…Cristobal might be headed to Pitt and Thomas is under pressure, I'm asking Santa for that this year!
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

It could be a baaaad Xmas for the Kitties…Cristobal might be headed to Pitt and Thomas is under pressure, I'm asking Santa for that this year!

+1

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

I'm Jewish and I'm also asking Santa!!

Back to the top

Hopefully they put them both under your chanahaka bush.

It's Owl Time!
Back to the top

I'm just curious…

What do you put out for Santa by the Hanukkah bush, rugelach??

;D

Back to the top
Control functions: