Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

QB Grant Flessner Commits to FAU

Add topic

Back to the top

Re: QB Grant Flessner Commits to FAU

Good read on Flessner - Voted as area's top QB

He's small. Only 6' tall and 185 pounds, but he looks like a real deal dual-threat QB. This is the same high school that Florida's Trey Burton came out of two years ago.  
Back to the top

Nice work Delt!

;D

Will add him to the list….
Back to the top

QB Grant Flessner Commits to FAU

Back to the top

Looks like a proto-typical spread qb to me guys. Actually reminds me a lot of Riley Dodge, former qb at NT. Now that Coach P. has OFFICIALLY shown his hand on what type of O we will be employing based upon the qb skill set, I bet a few other schollys open up with transfers. And the wr's just got news that they will be making an impact next year too.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Looks like a proto-typical spread qb to me guys. Actually reminds me a lot of Riley Dodge, former qb at NT. Now that Coach P. has OFFICIALLY shown his hand on what type of O we will be employing based upon the qb skill set, I bet a few other schollys open up with transfers. And the wr's just got news that they will be making an impact next year too.

Yes he does. Explains why we are offering so many wide outs and smaller running backs like Gaskins. I'm all in favor of this.
Back to the top

Had a lot of other offers even to Iowa State. I wonder how quick he could come in an play?
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Had a lot of other offers even to Iowa State. I wonder how quick he could come in an play?

After what I saw from the QBs on the roster currently, hopefully very soon!

I also think it's worth noting that he thanks both Coach Pelini and Coach Allen on his website. I think it's pretty clear that Jarred Allen has a spot on this staff.  I hope so, because he's apparently a well-liked recruiter, not to mention a big part of our history.  
Back to the top

Pelini gives the impression that he respects that ex player legacy, look at the coaches on his staff, the two guys from Nebraska played for the Huskers. I like it, that a real connection to the university, and Jared can provide real historical context for the last 10 years…or Carl can call me, I'm happy to help  :)
Back to the top

Uhh..a proto-typical spread guy? He lined up under center a bunch in that video, and also in the "I" formation as well. What spread QB lines up in the "I" and under center? Not saying he can't run the spread, but I think it's more of a hybrid Pro/Spread. He's def a dual threat kind of QB though and looks like a good pick up.
Back to the top
Control functions: