Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Another JUCO Lineman Commits

Add topic

According to Owlaccess (not premium content)….Stern Vile - 6-6' 330 from Amsterdam currently playing at Eastern Arizona.

Apparently he grew up watching Jarred Allen play in the World League.  I love how aggressive the staff is being in recruiting.  Maybe this is normal for other programs, but it sure is a great change of pace here!  :D
Back to the top

Re: Another JUCO Lineman Commits

You are not kidding! I've never gotten excited about recruiting before but damn if this isn't fun.

We've never had this many kids in December, no way.
Back to the top

And no program brings in JUCO guys unless they think they are ready to start or at minimum be a contributor right away. Real exciting times guys!
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

According to Owlaccess (not premium content)….Stern Vile - 6-6' 330 from Amsterdam currently playing at Eastern Arizona.

Apparently he grew up watching Jarred Allen play in the World League.  I love how aggressive the staff is being in recruiting.  Maybe this is normal for other programs, but it sure is a great change of pace here!   :D

Haha!  What!

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Another JUCO Lineman Commits

Hey now, Jared Allen was the starting QB in the "super bowl" over there! I watched that game…granted he got blown out but it was pretty cool to see.

I'm surprised we don't get more kids that were Amsterdamn Admirals fans knocking down our doors! :D
Back to the top

Back to the top

Ok, I'm no O-line coach by any means but he looks super slow and I wasn't crazy how kept doing those dive blocks. I think you should be able to stand up to anyone and sit the on their ass if you're 6-5 330. But again, that's just me, a fan with ZERO knowledge of how an o-line works other than, "don't let them hit the QB" lol.
Back to the top

He looks ok but not great to me. Gotta remember he is playing at a college level - you can se on the video the D players and not just your average hs players by their size and quickness. JC's get LOTS of great atheletes who could not qualify academically for the BigSix programs.

But bottom line is to get your man down or out of the way for just a second or two. Then it is the backs job to hit that hole - and quick - get downfield.

His pass blocking looked better as they mostly had to try and "dance" around him because of his size. Big man to just push out of the way with pure force. And long arms are great for pass blocking! Keeps the D-lineman from tying you up - makes him dance and buys your qb time - something we have not seen here for several years!
Back to the top

Looks good to me. I approve.
Back to the top
Control functions: