Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

We need to ramp up the pressure...

Add topic

Were a small team…I thought we could have pressured Scott towards the end of the game…I also think we let UM get off too many open 3's…that has nothing to do with height, but hustle…I still think we have the makings of a tournament team…

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

Re: We need to ramp up the pressure...

Silver_Bullet32 said

Were a small team…I thought we could have pressured Scott towards the end of the game…I also think we let UM get off too many open 3's…that has nothing to do with height, but hustle…I still think we have the makings of a tournament team…

It kind of does have to with height. We had to keep double teaming reggie so it wasn't easy for him to score on us and he continually made good, on target passes to the open man who knocked down the shots. We win the game if they don't shoot 70%!! from behind the arc.

If we had another big who could handle Reggie then we would have been able to defend the perimiter better.
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

Silver_Bullet32 said

It kind of does have to with height. We had to keep double teaming reggie so it wasn't easy for him to score on us and he continually made good, on target passes to the open man who knocked down the shots. We win the game if they don't shoot 70%!! from behind the arc.

If we had another big who could handle Reggie then we would have been able to defend the perimiter better.

Agreed.  we played a hell of a game the other day.  with a little more size we win easily. 

It's Owl Time!
Back to the top

Why is Penn not playing now, he started pretty well. We need his presence out there, even if just to give an occasional breather and play some D! Bang their big guys and wear them down!
Back to the top

FAUfasho said

Silver_Bullet32 said

Im not sure many teams have a big man that can handle Reggie, he is the size of a DT and has good footwork…just a tough player to defend.  Youre right, 70% from behind the arc is what won them the game.  That is 20% better than our free throw percentage most nights!

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

I think Penn is not in the lineup anylonger because of excessive/unnecessary fouling.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

We need to ramp up the pressure...

NJOWL said

I think Penn is not in the lineup anylonger because of excessive/unnecessary fouling.

Ya, he's fouling as much as Chris Watson! I think he's got potential but I don't think he's adjusted to Div.1 basketball just yet.
Back to the top

Yeah, we gave them lots of good looks from 3 pt land.  The lack of size has hurt us this season-  Never more apparent than last Saturday.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

BeastOwl said

The lack of size has hurt us this season

Every season. They were saying that all the way back to when we had Carlos Monroe let alone Brett Royster.

It's not for lack of trying. We get these big guys, as Jarvis calls them, "big stiffs" that are "liabilities."

So instead Jarvis fills the team with moderately-undersized guards that are quick and can shoot the 3. He figures he'll have to overwhelm them with offense if he can't suffocate them with defense.

Back to the top

Can't wait to see what 7 footer Dragan Sekelja brings to the table next season.  He should hopefully solve some of the size issues.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top
Control functions: