Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Leadership Council

Back to the top

Re: Leadership Council

USMCOWL said

Absolutely.  All about team-building, leadership and accountability.  Pelini impresses me once again.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

Agreed, its one thing I think we missed this past year. There wasn't a Ray Lewis on the sidelines getting in guys faces for playing at half speed. Hopefully a couple of guys step up now they're given the opportunity.
Back to the top

See this kind of ticks me off that this wasnt in place already.

Every team I've been a part of had a Senior "leadership council". Whether it was one guy the team could count on or a core group. This should of been in place at the beginning of spring practice each and every year.

The fact that there was nothing in place is reason enough for the teams slide.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

See this kind of ticks me off that this wasnt in place already.

Every team I've been a part of had a Senior "leadership council". Whether it was one guy the team could count on or a core group. This should of been in place at the beginning of spring practice each and every year.

The fact that there was nothing in place is reason enough for the teams slide.
As a student is see stuff that goes on with the players that many do not see and much of it not good. Just this last semester I have seen players kicked out of classrooms players getting in fights with other students at party's etc. Even a couple of times i have seen these players start fights on day where they just got whooped at home a few hours earlier. It sad but many of the players had no respect or fear of any of our last coaches.
I am glad this is being done.
Back to the top

Leadership Council

USMCOWL said

This is a very good thing.  Coach Osborne began doing this at Nebraska as a 'Unity Council' in order to promote a spirit of unselfishness, leadership, ownership and responsibility among his teams over the years.  One of the great outcomes of something like this is the level of responsibility to each other that takes place and the building of the team being more important than the individual.

Nebraska lost this process under Bill Callahan, but Bo Pelini brought it back in a big way.  I love that Carl is doing this - it's part of building something special as a team.  Great to see.
Back to the top

If there's one thing this team needs, it's DISCIPLINE!!

I bet we'll never see 3 personal fouls on the same player in one game under CP!

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

This was started at Nebraska by Dr. Tom, and at his suggestion it has returned under Bo. I can say it has worked great at Nebraska, Nd has proven itself over time.
Back to the top

Great idea, discipline was something our team has been lacking for quite some time now.  I think that the fact that the players had little to no respect for the coaches boiled down to no consequences when the guys did something stupid, which led to an atmosphere of laziness on the team.  I'm sooooo glad that crap will hopefully be over.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

duder said

I'm sooooo glad that crap will hopefully be over.

You and me both.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top
Control functions: