Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Husker visit to FAU

I'm working on a Husker game day visit to FAU this coming fall for twelve of us that are thinking roadtrip.  Any suggestions on lodging to book in advance?

Other suggestions?
Back to the top

Re: Husker visit to FAU

Husker visit to FAU

Ronniehuskerron said

I'm working on a Husker game day visit to FAU this coming fall for twelve of us that are thinking roadtrip.  Any suggestions on lodging to book in advance?

Other suggestions?

There's actually a Fairfield Inn located just off campus on Airport road. You can probably walk to the stadium from the hotel. You're probably going to want to rent a car to get around. If you can avoid renting it at the airport, it's usually cheaper and there's an Avis, Hertz and Enterprise all located in Boca.

I'd say the sooner you book it, the cheaper the rates will be. FAU fans are usually very welcoming, unless you're from FIU or UCF haha

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

There is a pretty good thread on this issue that I am sure Rick (admin) can insert here for you.

One question I qwould have is what is your history with South Florida?  1st visit, been here done that?

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

There is a pretty good thread on this issue that I am sure Rick (admin) can insert here for you.

Ronniehuskerron,

Please check out these threads, they may be useful in your planning:

Things to Do In and Around Boca Raton

Hotels Discussion

Links to websites of current hotels with FAU ties can be found Here
Back to the top

are you talking about if the Corn Huskers visit FAU for a football game?
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

I think he means him and his friends who are Husker fans want to come down and see a game and watch their buddy CP kick butt on the sidelines

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

USMCOWL said

I think he means him and his friends who are Husker fans want to come down and see a game and watch their buddy CP kick butt on the sidelines

This!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

One question I qwould have is what is your history with South Florida?  1st visit, been here done that?

I've only been to Boca a few times for business.  I have spent a considerable amount of time in Miami, Tampa, Orlando (have a condo there), and been to a few Orange Bowl games, etc.

Boca - only been in and out trips with nominal exposure.  I did once get booked at the 'Hotel Bibo' in West Palm for a night, which turned out to be rather a silly adventure that I would not repeat….
Back to the top

Rick said

dusky256fc said

Ronniehuskerron,

Please check out these threads, they may be useful in your planning:

Things to Do In and Around Boca Raton

Hotels Discussion

Links to websites of current hotels with FAU ties can be found Here

Thanks Rick!
Back to the top

Thanks for clearing it up for me. I was just a little confused.
Back to the top
Control functions: