Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Owls' Commit Stefan Moody Drops 43 in Opening Round of Great Florida Shootout

Add topic

Stefan Moody built his basketball reputation primarily on his uncanny leaping and ability to score with acrobatic moves near the rim. On Tuesday, with the college coach who signed him sitting courtside, the Poinciana basketball guard showed he can put on a show from long range as well.

Moody, who is averaging about 27 points per game, wowed a crowd that included FAU coach Mike Jarvis by beating double-teams and box-and-one attention. In one sequence he split two defenders and then dribbled through the other three en route to an off balance bank shot he hit from close range.

"Of course I wanted to do well with (Jarvis) watching," Moody said. "I'm just trying to do the best I can. My AAU coach said I should try to lead the state in scoring. I'd like to do it."

Stefan Moody shines on busy day of holiday hoops

Back to the top

Re: Owls' Commit Stefan Moody Drops 43 in Opening Round of Great Florida Shootout

I am very excited about this kid.  I have a feeling he will be special.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Re: Owls' Commit Stefan Moody Drops 43 in Opening Round of Great Florida Shootout

going to be a good year next year.

haven't given up on this year by any means but just very excited by next year. Drago, moody, grier, gnant, taylor. that's a very good lineup. still good use some size and use the depth instead.

Jarvis, get me a 6'8" power forward JC for Christmas!!!!!
Back to the top

6'8 power forward? How about a 6'9 Chris Bryant with Kore White backing him up?

And what about Pablo Bertone? the guy is a baller and deserves at least 20-25 minutes a game.

This team may have too many good players… I'm scared.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Let's combine the two:

How about a 6-8, 225 lb verison of Pablo Bertone with a solid mid-range game (46.5%), shoot's threes (41.2%), and hits FT's (81.5%)

How does that sound??

Hopefully good.
Back to the top

If that were possible, then sure. But it is not. And having White with Bertone coming off the bench is pretty good for a Sun Belt Squad.

In fact, some people think our team will be ranked next season.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

NJOWL said

If that were possible, then sure.

Good…hold that thought and we will come back to this topic later…….

:)
Back to the top

Owls' Commit Stefan Moody Drops 43 in Opening Round of Great Florida Shootout

Rick said

Let's combine the two:

How about a 6-8, 225 lb verison of Pablo Bertone with a solid mid-range game (46.5%), shoot's threes (41.2%), and hits FT's (81.5%)

How does that sound??

Hopefully good.

What are you not telling us??

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

NJOWL said

6'8 power forward? How about a 6'9 Chris Bryant with Kore White backing him up?

And what about Pablo Bertone? the guy is a baller and deserves at least 20-25 minutes a game.

This team may have too many good players… I'm scared.

actually forgot about chris bryant. this team will be stacked.

i'm not anti white, just want to see the kid go to the basket against guys that are bigger than him. he wasn't even in the building during the harvard game. that should have been his coming out party.
Back to the top

Rick said

NJOWL said

If that were possible, then sure.

Good…hold that thought and we will come back to this topic later…….

:)

Dont mess with us Rick, not around the holidays.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: