Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2012 FAU Football Schedule

Add topic

TV Schedule:

08-31 vs Wagner - ESPN3.com
09-08 @ MTSU - ESPN3.com
09-15 @ Georgia - CSS
09-22 @ Alabama - PPV
09-29 vs UNT - ESPN3.com
10-13 @ ULM - CSS
11-03 @ Navy - CBS Sports Network
11-10 @ WKU - CSS
11-16 vs FIU - ESPNU

#Dates and Times Subject to Change
Back to the top

Re: 2012 FAU Football Schedule

Since there is already some chatter occurring, might as well throw up the first of the "New Era" slates…….

As opponents/dates become known, will keep it updated.

Please post any additions you do not see that need to be added!

Thanks,

- Rick
Back to the top

LOL, Georgia and 'Bama on consecutive weekends.  Talk about sending the sheep out to slaughter. 

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

BeastOwl said

LOL, Georgia and 'Bama on consecutive weekends.  Talk about sending the sheep out to slaughter.

I do like that they aren't the first two games though.  We still need to add a game, which I'm hoping is a FCS school like Bethune or FAMU.  It would be nice to start out with a relatively "easy" game, at home, to start the Pelini era.  Then either have a SBC game or a bye before heading out to collect money the following two weeks. 
Back to the top

South Alabama still shows us on their future schedule for 2012 as a home game here, anyone know if this is accurate or not? Phil Steele show this as well.
Back to the top

fauowls44 said

BeastOwl said

LOL, Georgia and 'Bama on consecutive weekends.  Talk about sending the sheep out to slaughter.

I do like that they aren't the first two games though.  We still need to add a game, which I'm hoping is a FCS school like Bethune or FAMU.  It would be nice to start out with a relatively "easy" game, at home, to start the Pelini era.  Then either have a SBC game or a bye before heading out to collect money the following two weeks.

No such thing as an easy game coming off 1-11 with a new coaching staff, new offensive/defensive schemes, JUCO transfers, etc..  Not to mention the possibility of an embarrassing loss to an FCS school.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

South Alabama still shows us on their future schedule for 2012 as a home game here, anyone know if this is accurate or not? Phil Steele show this as well.

They have 13 games listed if you count them all up…and they list us as a home game:

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Pretty sure that we are guaranteed five home games and that would put us at just four going up there.

Also, last time I asked, we were trying for in state opponent like FAMU, BCC, etc. for our final home game.

But things can change, and asked again anyways…awaiting a reply…
Back to the top

Rick said

GeorgiaOwl said

They have 13 games listed if you count them all up…and they list us as a home game:

Pretty sure that we are guaranteed five home games and that would put us at just four going up there.

Also, last time I asked, we were trying for in state opponent like FAMU, BCC, etc. for our final home game.

They have a nice trip to Hawaii I notice.  That's a nice road trip for the fans too.  Who does our scheduling anyway?  I'm pissed!! >:(

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

BeastOwl said

They have a nice trip to Hawaii I notice.  That's a nice road trip for the fans too.

We can cut and run from playing Hawaii…faced 'em once and beat 'em - at their place!

;D

Rick said

Received some information to pass Per FAU:

We have to have five home games to hold DI status -period…we have four as it stands, so USA at their place is definitely not happening. They could come here, but FAU is shooting for a DIAA contest to fill the last spot regardless.

Back to the top

2012 FAU Football Schedule

Rick said

BeastOwl said

They have a nice trip to Hawaii I notice.  That's a nice road trip for the fans too.

We can cut and run from playing Hawaii…faced 'em once and beat 'em - at their place!

;D

how could I forget about that game Rick! I guess since it was back in the glory years  :-)

If we need an FCS opponent then FAMU or Bethune Cookman would offer some excellent half-time entertainment. They're two of the best marching bands in the country (although the FAMU band's status is a bit in question right now)..

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top
Control functions: