Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Greetings From A New FAU Fan!

Hello Everyone…

I must admit, 2 1/2 years ago I never thought I would be an FAU fan… Then I got married in 2010. My Wife is a FAU graduate so accordingly I started watching the games that were broadcast in the Nashville area.  I'm in the Navy and was out of the country for the 2011 season (Maybe this was a good thing…). When I return we will be moving to Norfolk V.A., I'm hoping they broadcast a few games on the cable sports package.

I've already promised my wife atleast 2 trips to Boca (my in-laws live there) next year. We are both looking foward to seeing the new stadium. I know they havent released the full 2012 schedule, but if I had to pick two games to watch what would yall recommend? I'm thinking the FIU game (my wife says thats the big rivalry game) and atleast one other.
Back to the top

Re: Greetings From A New FAU Fan!

mckeon said

Hello Everyone…

I must admit, 2 1/2 years ago I never thought I would be an FAU fan… Then I got married in 2010. My Wife is a FAU graduate so accordingly I started watching the games that were broadcast in the Nashville area.  I'm in the Navy and was out of the country for the 2011 season (Maybe this was a good thing…). When I return we will be moving to Norfolk V.A., I'm hoping they broadcast a few games on the cable sports package.

I've already promised my wife atleast 2 trips to Boca (my in-laws live there) next year. We are both looking foward to seeing the new stadium. I know they havent released the full 2012 schedule, but if I had to pick to games to watch what would yall recommend? I'm thinking the FIU game (my wife says thats the big rivalry game) and atleast one other.

Welcome to the forum mckeon!

FIU should be interesting this upcoming season for a number of reasons:

1. They are our closest rival.

2. They kicked our tails this year.

3. They lose some key cogs in the wheel.

4. We gain a new coach with a new system, and have some nice recruits lined up at present.

Not sure if the powers that be will keep the "Shula Bowl" name or not since Schnellenberger is not coaching the team now, but sure Hope they do!

Troy would be another safe option…they had a down year, like we did, but the games are usually good and would suspect that we will both be in much better shape next go round.

Check out some of the other threads for things to do, places to eat, etc…

- Rick
Back to the top

mckeon said

Hello Everyone…

Welcome McKeon!
Back to the top

Welcome from and FAU grad and former Seabee.
Back to the top

Greetings From A New FAU Fan!

Hi Mckeon from a former Marine. I defintley pick FIU and probably North Texas.
Back to the top

Welcome to the Nest McKeon!  2012 is going to be a great turn-around year for us ;D

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Welcome Aboard ;)
Back to the top

Welcome to the board!  You got here at just the right time since 2012 should be a great year for us.  The stadium is beautiful and I'm sure you'll have a great time when you get down here.  As far as which games to come see, I can't really help you there since our schedule is still kinda up in the air and I want to see how the new team looks during spring practice first.  But, since your a little closer, you may want to check out some of our away games next year, not sure if we play Middle Tennessee at their house, but I'd like to go to that game one day myself.  Also we have UGA next year.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

duder said

Welcome to the board!  You got here at just the right time since 2012 should be a great year for us.  The stadium is beautiful and I'm sure you'll have a great time when you get down here.  As far as which games to come see, I can't really help you there since our schedule is still kinda up in the air and I want to see how the new team looks during spring practice first.  But, since your a little closer, you may want to check out some of our away games next year, not sure if we play Middle Tennessee at their house, but I'd like to go to that game one day myself.  Also we have UGA next year.

Let's hope Bobo is still their OC! :D
Back to the top

Welcome to The Nest.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top
Control functions: