Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Alfred Morris invited to NFL combine

Alfred Morris invited to NFL combine

I didn't see this posted anywhere yet, but Morris has been invited to the combine, way to go!!

I happened to be reading through the local newspaper this morning and saw Alfred's picture on the cover of the sport's section! It is his hometown paper the Pensacola News Journal, but it is still cool.

http://www.pnj.com/article/20120102/SPORTS/201020320/NFL-scouts-want-see-Pine-Forest-grad-Morris?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports
Back to the top

Re: Alfred Morris invited to NFL combine

This is nothing but good news for Alfred.

Of the 39 rb's and fb's invited to last year's combine, 26 were drafted.

Of the remaining 13… All were invited to training camps, 7 made NFL active rosters this past season (with a majority contributing on the field), 2 made practice squads, 2 played in the UFL and 2 others found there way out of football.
Back to the top

Great news for Alfred and FAU!
Back to the top

If there was ever anyone who deserved a shot it's Alfred.

Good Luck!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

i would think he would be in rounds 4-5. you never know but i would be very surprised if he wasn't drafted.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

i would think he would be in rounds 4-5. you never know but i would be very surprised if he wasn't drafted.

All depends on how he does in the combine. If he rocks it like Housler he'll get drafted on day 2, if he bombs and doesn't show how talented he really is then he may not get drafted at all

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

All depends on how he does in the combine. If he rocks it like Housler he'll get drafted on day 2, if he bombs and doesn't show how talented he really is then he may not get drafted at all

So, basically, you are saying he may or may not get drafted?

Safe call!

;D
Back to the top

Even going to the combine means they think you're one of the best RB in College…  No matter what happens this is already a win for our recruiting team.

Last year we had Rob Housler go… If we can keep sending players to the combine each year it will be a huge leg up on some of the other Sun Belt schools… It proves to the High School kids that the NFL scouts keep an eye on our program.
Back to the top

Congrats Alfred!  There's a great chance he will be drafted.

Wait until next year, I spoke to a well connected Nebraska fan and he says that they are steamed over losing Sanders most.  He is going to be one of the most talented DC's South Florida has ever seen.  Cornhusker Nation is distraught over losing their coaches.  Their loss is our gain ;D

Cheers to seeing more Owls in the NFL ;D

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

OWL4EVER said

Congrats Alfred!  There's a great chance he will be drafted.

Wait until next year, I spoke to a well connected Nebraska fan and he says that they are steamed over losing Sanders most.  He is going to be one of the most talented DC's South Florida has ever seen.  Cornhusker Nation is distraught over losing their coaches.  Their loss is our gain ;D

Cheers to seeing more Owls in the NFL ;D

GO OWLS!

This is great news for him. Just getting the invite is huge.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top
Control functions: