Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

LB prospect coming for a visit.

Add topic

Any thoughts on Fort Pierce Central linebacker Freedom Whitfield visit?

EDIT: Whoops…. Changed it  ;)
Back to the top

Re: LB prospect coming for a visit.

Aaaah!  ;D

Just an FYI dude, and I know you're new so this isn't a flame job, you can't post things from the "other" site, it causes all kinds of problems. Rest assured we're all reading both so we can discuss but don't just cut n paste. Cool?

This is the best place for discussions on that stuff for sure.
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

Aaaah!  ;D

Just an FYI dude, and I know you're new so this isn't a flame job, you can't post things from the "other" site, it causes all kinds of problems. Rest assured we're all reading both so we can discuss but don't just cut n paste. Cool?

Just a comment referring to the above post. I have posted things from Owlaccess.com many times before, but I always give them credit. Marcus and Chuck do the best coverage on FAU sports, bar none. Not to discuss their great work, and give the credit for it, is counter productive on many levels. However, like mentioned before, that we should never post premium content from their site…ever.

As for Freedom Whitfield, love his name. Sounds like the kid can play. Looks like a good find for Pelini. Just hope other schools don't come calling now that we did.
Back to the top

Just an FYI, the visit is listed on rivals.com, not premium:

Link

As is:

Back to the top

Rick said

Just an FYI, the visit is listed on rivals.com, not premium:

Link

As is:

Looks good… However is anyone else worried about QB?
Back to the top

prowler said

TeamBeer said

Aaaah!  ;D

Just a comment referring to the above post. I have posted things from Owlaccess.com many times before, but I always give them credit. Marcus and Chuck do the best coverage on FAU sports, bar none. Not to discuss their great work, and give the credit for it, is counter productive on many levels. However, like mentioned before, that we should never post premium content from their site…ever.

As for Freedom Whitfield, love his name. Sounds like the kid can play. Looks like a good find for Pelini. Just hope other schools don't come calling now that we did.

I wasn't suggesting that we don't talk about it, really just pointing out the havoc it causes when things get copied (like the google image of Royster the other day). I admit they have great coverage, it's why I read their site as well, it's their day job, it should be good, they do FAU all the time. Unfortunately for us Rick has some marketable skills and keeps the big corporate machine rolling so he can't do FAU 24/7.  ;D

Now, on to that linebacker….the last linebacker I got excited about with a cool name turned out to be skilled but medically undesireable
Back to the top

I'll reserve my fears until its too late, after the spring. We've got 5 QBs to choose from so maybe one rises to the occasion, the addition a well experienced QB coach will really help. We do have some options, guys that can run, tall guys that can throw the ball 15-20 feet over someone's head, guys that "look" like stud d1 QBs! There will be a lot to get excited about in a couple of months.
Back to the top

mckeon said

No.
Back to the top

LB prospect coming for a visit.

BigChief said

mckeon said

No.

I'm sorry, we had the one of the worst ranked passing games in Division I football in 2011… We should all be worried about QB.  Quantity doesnt = quality…
Back to the top

True, but we do have two brand new guys coming in that will need to be seen…

Colton Kane
Grant Flessner

Are either capable of starting as a freshman? Obviously TBD, but the QB battle in the Spring appears to be wide open for the most part.

Back to the top
Control functions: