Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Proposed Second Tri-Rail Station in Boca Raton Could Benefit FAU

Add topic

The Florida Department of Transportation has proposed adding a second Tri-Rail station in Boca Raton, reviving plans that had been dormant for some time.

In its short-term transportation plan that still must be approved by the State Legislature, the department sets aside $1.5 million in 2017 for a new Tri-Rail station near Glades Road and Military Trail.

That would put the station in close proximity to the Town Center Mall, Florida Atlantic University and a number of large office parks.

"A train station there would be great," said Susan Haynie, Boca Raton's vice mayor.

Full Story
Back to the top

Re: Proposed Second Tri-Rail Station in Boca Raton Could Benefit FAU

I'm usually thrilled about any development that could benefit FAU but I see this as being more of a detriment since people will ride to Boca from far away and that would just reinforce the commuter school reputation we're trying so desperately to shake.
Back to the top

Good point.......
Back to the top

How far from the campus and the stadium is the proposed station? It could be useful to draw people from farther away in S. Fl. to games if they feel they don't have to pay extra for parking and battle traffic jams for game days.
Back to the top

Proposed Second Tri-Rail Station in Boca Raton Could Benefit FAU

GeorgiaOwl said

How far from the campus and the stadium is the proposed station? It could be useful to draw people from farther away in S. Fl. to games if they feel they don't have to pay extra for parking and battle traffic jams for game days.

Not far. It's at the intersection of Glades and Military.
Back to the top

Ok so easy walk or shuttle bus on game days - sounds good to me, anything to alleviate traffic once we start to sell out every home game! ;D
Back to the top
Control functions: