Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Punter Groody Has His Sights Set on NFL

FAU Punter Groody Has His Sights Set on NFL

As a multi-sport player in high school and a former two-time National Junior Lifeguard champion, Groody is an outstanding athlete who is not resting on his laurels. He is busy preparing every day for two upcoming college all-star games and a Pro Day at FAU.

"Mickey Groody is an outstanding kid, a good student, a leader in the classroom and for our special teams," former FAU Coach Howard Schnellenberger said. "He helped us win a lot of games and he did well in the bowl games. He has a good opportunity to show what he can do at the pro level and there is no doubt he can succeed. There is no downside to him at all."

Full Story
Back to the top

Re: FAU Punter Groody Has His Sights Set on NFL

Lord knows they guy has enough film this year to show his leg off. Other then Morris he was the only player we could count on to do his job EVERY game.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

owlfamily said

Lord knows the guy has enough film this year to show his leg off. Other then Morris he was the only player we could count on to do his job EVERY game.

You can say that again.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

Lord knows they guy has enough film this year to show his leg off. Other then Morris he was the only player we could count on to do his job EVERY game.
Back to the top

I'm not big into the drafts, do kickers ever get drafter or they usually signed afterwards?
Back to the top

NCowl said

I'm not big into the drafts, do kickers ever get drafter or they usually signed afterwards?

The Jets drafted Mike Nugent, a kicker out of Ohio State, in the 2nd round in 2005.

It's a lot like fantasy football, you don't ever pick a kicker in the 2nd round!

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

well, work on your 80 yard field goals and you might have yourself a first-rounder!
;D
Back to the top

Jab979 said

NCowl said

The Jets drafted Mike Nugent, a kicker out of Ohio State, in the 2nd round in 2005.

It's a lot like fantasy football, you don't ever pick a kicker in the 2nd round!

+1 Patriots drafted punter Zoltan Mesko out of Michigan in the 5th round 2010 draft.  So yeah, not entirely uncommon just depends on how much of a priority the need is for the team.
Back to the top
Control functions: