Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Football Visit Listing for January 6, 2012

Add topic

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

Re: FAU Football Visit Listing for January 6, 2012

Mike Dumas currently holds a plethora of offers including:

Connecticut
Iowa
Iowa State
Maryland
Minnesota
North Carolina
North Carolina State
Purdue
Vanderbilt

He has done a bit of "everything", but QB seems to be the prominent position.

He reports no interest in any programs aside from FAU, except for a "soft verbal" to.......

South Alabama?!

Which goes back to December...

on campus in Boca tomorrow, and presents a very interesting visit: Why forgo any of the above interest (USA aside) unless they don't want to play you at the spot you want to be played at?
Back to the top

Looks like a good athelete and running qb, but did he ever throw the ball on the video?
Back to the top

Rick said

On campus in Boca tomorrow, and presents a very interesting visit: Why forgo any of the above interest (USA aside) unless they don't want to play you at the spot you want to be played at?

Agreed, especially since we'll already have 6 QBs coming here in the Spring as it is. I can't see us taking on a general Athlete for the purposes of moving him to QB considering those 6… it just doesn't make any sense.

As an aside, you know how we talk about how, for every college team there may be a handful of NFL-quality players at best, and how in high school it's the same thing with only a handful being Division I-quality players; it makes me wonder when they're breaking tackles in highlight videos if they're able to do that because they're legitimately good or the opposite high school team is just terrible at what they do. And I know there's no way for us to know but the latter seems particularly true when the highlight tape shows the same opposing team over and over.
Back to the top

FAU Football Visit Listing for January 6, 2012

I felt the safety on one of the teams looked tiny, like a jr. high kid! But ya can't teach speed as they say which is why 40 times are such an important factor in recruiting to colleges and drafting to the pros.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

Rick said

On campus in Boca tomorrow, and presents a very interesting visit: Why forgo any of the above interest (USA aside) unless they don't want to play you at the spot you want to be played at?

Agreed, especially since we'll already have 6 QBs coming here in the Spring as it is. I can't see us taking on a general Athlete for the purposes of moving him to QB considering those 6… it just doesn't make any sense.

As an aside, you know how we talk about how, for every college team there may be a handful of NFL-quality players at best, and how in high school it's the same thing with only a handful being Division I-quality players; it makes me wonder when they're breaking tackles in highlight videos if they're able to do that because they're legitimately good or the opposite high school team is just terrible at what they do. And I know there's no way for us to know but the latter seems particularly true when the highlight tape shows the same opposing team over and over.

Well most high school teams dont have a single D-I caliber player and genrally speaking most D-I teams dont have a single NFL caliber player.  Thats is why we need our coaches who have been around the game for decades to look at tape and see these kids in person at camps and what not to evaluate them THEMSELVES and make sure the kid is really the athlete they want.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Also, we really only have 3 QB's on the roster that will compete for the job.  3 of the QB's have no chance in the spread.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Another last minute visitor to add to the list:

WR Bruce Natson (5'8" 165)  Boyd Anderson, Lauderdale Lakes

Natson is currently committed to Utah State and was set to take his official to FAU on the 20th. However per his facebook page, he is on campus today for his official visit.

Hold offers from: MTSU, FIU, FAMU and Ohio

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Photo courtesy his facebook page.
Back to the top

I'm thinking if he has an FAU jersey on that he might be looking at committing??

;D
Back to the top

Rick said

Mike Dumas currently holds a plethora of offers including:

Connecticut
Iowa
Iowa State
Maryland
Minnesota
North Carolina
North Carolina State
Purdue
Vanderbilt

He has done a bit of "everything", but QB seems to be the prominent position.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="Mike Dumas (2012 ATH) Junior/Soph Highlights - Elite Scouting - YouTube" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He reports no interest in any programs aside from FAU, except for a "soft verbal" to…….

South Alabama?!

Which goes back to December…

Getting a few of these caliber recruits every year would be huge! And there can be various why he could choose FAU over some of the bigger programs - including immediate playing time, position, playing in-state etc. These are the type of recruits we should be able to snag every now and then. Other Sun Belt schools have managed to lure these type of recruits away from big boys once in awhile. With the new staff and stadium - it's time we start picking off some of these guys! Not saying they would be the bulk of our class obviously. But just like Coach Pelini said, we should be able to pick off a few legitimate BCS recruits.
Back to the top
Control functions: