Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2012 FAU Football Coaching Staff

Instead of having multiple threads I figured we could keep all the coaching hires/rumors in here now that a majority of the staff  has been hired. I listed below the coaches who have or are rumored to have accepted a job and there last coaching stop.

Head Coach- Carl Pelini
AHC/DC- Marvin Sanders (Secondary - Nebraska)
OC/QB- Brian Wright (OC/QB - Montana State)
RB- Kerry Dixon (RB - Montana State)
TE- Jarred Allen (WR - FAU)
WR/RC- Jeff Sims (HC - Fort Scott Junior College)
OL- Luke Meadows (South Dakota State)
DL/ST- Brett Diersen (DE - Indiana)
LB- Jovan Dewitt (DC/LB - Northern Iowa)
DB- Ross Watson (GA - Nebraska)

Kerry Dixon- per: Bozemandailychronicle.com - Bio

Jovan Dewitt- per: Pete Roussel at CoachingSearch.com - Bio

Back to the top

Re: 2012 FAU Football Coaching Staff

Just read that South Dakota State OC/Associate HC will join the Owls as OL coach.

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=15000&ATCLID=919372

I like that a lot of the coaches that have joined the staff have been coordinators at other places.  That that leaves WR and special teams to be filled?  I wonder if Allen stays does he go back to coaching WRs?  Wright has coached WRs in the past…perhaps he'll coach the WRs and Allen would coach QBs? 
Back to the top

2012 FAU Football Coaching Staff

fauowls44 said

Just read that South Dakota State OC/Associate HC will join the Owls as OL coach.

I like that a lot of the coaches that have joined the staff have been coordinators at other places.  That that leaves WR and special teams to be filled?  I wonder if Allen stays does he go back to coaching WRs?  Wright has coached WRs in the past…perhaps he'll coach the WRs and Allen would coach QBs?

Wow - awesome get for OL, Carl has seen this guy's work up close when the Jackrabbitts put a scare on NU in Lincoln.

This is a pretty good staff shaping up.  The lightest guy is db coach moving from a GA role at NU.  But then you realize all the help he will get from Sanders - who is a terrific Secondary coach.

Kudos to Carl on the hires so far!
Back to the top

Ronniehuskerron said

fauowls44 said

Wow - awesome get for OL, Carl has seen this guy's work up close when the Jackrabbitts put a scare on NU in Lincoln.

This is a pretty good staff shaping up.  The lightest guy is db coach moving from a GA role at NU.  But then you realize all the help he will get from Sanders - who is a terrific Secondary coach.

Kudos to Carl on the hires so far!

second that!
Back to the top

Special teams coach? Is CP taking that role?
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

Good question.

It does bother me that CP is taking on a number of guys in key positions who have limited experience at the Div.1 level but realistically we don't have high salaries to pay these guys. Furthermore, I think CP has a soft spot for these young guys who are passionate about moving up and becoming head coaches one day, especially since he waited so long for the opportunity himself. I'm also speculating that CP liked Jared Allen's optimism, ambition and history with the program and realized he could potentially torpedo Allen's career by handing him a pink slip with the rest of the guys.
Back to the top

owlcountry said

TeamBeer said

Good question.

It does bother me that CP is taking on a number of guys in key positions who have limited experience at the Div.1 level but realistically we don't have high salaries to pay these guys. Furthermore, I think CP has a soft spot for these young guys who are passionate about moving up and becoming head coaches one day, especially since he waited so long for the opportunity himself. I'm also speculating that CP liked Jared Allen's optimism, ambition and history with the program and realized he could potentially torpedo Allen's career by handing him a pink slip with the rest of the guys.

Technically, FCS schools are Division I.  Some of the better FCS schools will play with or beat Sunbelt caliber schools so there isn't as much of a disparity as you would think.   

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

Looks like a winning group to me…

I would prefer more experience at DB, since that has been an achilles heel for us at times, but have to give Ross his shot at leading the pack.

More interested in seeing if we play 10 yards off the ball in the new scheme!

;D

Back to the top

It's amazing to see how positive we all have become in just a few weeks.  With a list like this above, and of the recruits you can't help but to be excited about all the change!  I hope the team and the staff shares our optimism and that it carries into the Spring and Summer, then into the Fall.
Back to the top

Ted Hutton is not overly impressed, but I'm excited and cant wait for the spring game.
Back to the top
Control functions: