Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Football in Paradise means Steel Drums

Add topic

Wouldn't it be great if we could get this guy to play outside the stadium on gamedays?

His name is Bob Lyons and he's a South Floridian musician.

$150/hour x 3 hour minimum is still a decent price for 3 hours of paradise entertainment.
Back to the top

Re: Football in Paradise means Steel Drums

Football in Paradise means Steel Drums

Great idea!

Would add a nice bit of ambience…

But $150/hr is a bit steep, IMO

Back to the top

I know everyone would like it and it would add more to the "paradise" aspect of things..but as percussionist, there is nothing I LOATHE more than steel drums...maybe timbales,lol..but man, do I hate those things...just thought you guys should know in case he comes here at his drums go "missing." lol
Back to the top

I always have thought it would be cool to have some steel drums in the band - as a part of the pit! Sorry FAUfasho!

And yes I do think he would be great right at the main entrance as all of us Owl fans walked in! It would be saying "Let's get the FAU football party started!" ;D
Back to the top

Lets put him on the back of a golfcart or truck and let him play while he cruises around the parking lot while everyone's tailgating.  We could make it into a tradition where a bunch of peolple follow the truck to the stadium before kickoff………….or just make it into a random conga line.  ;D

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

I'd be for it as long as it drowns out the voice of The Jersey Guy.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

BeastOwl said

I'd be for it as long as it drowns out the voice of The Jersey Guy.

Lets pump it up, pump it up, pump it up FAU!  ::)

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS!!!!  We want opponents to come to our stadium in fear.  Not, all welcoming with with steel drums like this is some kind a of cruise ship vacation with club med!!
Back to the top

DFieldOwl said

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS!!!!  We want opponents to come to our stadium in fear.  Not, all welcoming with with steel drums like this is some kind a of cruise ship vacation with club med!!

This guy would play for fans, not as a one-man welcoming parade when the other team arrives.
Back to the top

DFieldOwl said

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS!!!!  We want opponents to come to our stadium in fear.  Not, all welcoming with with steel drums like this is some kind a of cruise ship vacation with club med!!

Actually I could get behind a set of steel drums in front of Howards statue playing to folks as they walk in.

With the Palm Trees and the sand its a natural. Plus youd be playing mostly for Home fans as visitors use the other entrance.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top
Control functions: