Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2012 Battle of Florida Practice Schedule

Sessions will be held at the Tom Oxley Athletic Center fields, Boca Raton Campus…

Monday, Jan. 16

3 p.m. - Dual practice

Tuesday, Jan. 17

10 a.m. – North
1:45 p.m. – South

Wednesday, Jan. 18

10 a.m. – North
1:45 – South

Thursday, Jan. 19

10 a.m. – North
1:45  p.m. – South

Friday, Jan. 20

8:30 a.m. Dual practice

Saturday, Jan. 21

8 p.m. Game

Back to the top

Re: 2012 Battle of Florida Practice Schedule

2012 Battle of Florida Practice Schedule

Rick said

Can someone explain the logo?  I am sure it is one of those things that once you see what it is, you know it, but I cannot figure out what the heck is in the state outline.

Is it just me?
Back to the top

Its two fists doing a fist bump.
Back to the top

LabRat said

Thanks!  I can see it now.  I don't think I would have figured it out.  I saw some fingers, but wasn't sure what they were doing.
Back to the top

It kind of looks like a grenade in the middle of Florida.
Back to the top

I thought it was a skull some how??

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

LabRat said

Right. I can see where someone might miss the thumb and think it's teeth from a skull.

Probably not a very effective design.
Back to the top

I was trying to fish out how ticket sales for this were at the hoops game but never got a straight answer.  Safe to say it won't be any better than our typical home game.  There is going to be some good talent on the field though so I may check it out.  I was surprised to see so many FCS, Div II, Div III, & NAIA players on the roster.  I count about 24 on both rosters combined.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

I thought it was a skull some how??

I'm with ya.  I thought that was a skull gritting down since the first time I saw it.  I'm actually kinda disappointed now that I see the fists.

As to those who noticed all the lower level players in this game - from what I've heard they are scrambling to get rosters.  This is like the 6th tier of All Star games and unfortunately I'm afraid it's not gonna make it too long. (I wish them the best though)
Back to the top

I was out there today, but didn't really see much due to the fact that practice actually started a little after 5 pm.

There were NFL scouts from almost every organization present and numerous fans.

I have no real tidbits or anything on the FAU guys playing, mainly because the sun was setting and it was hard to tell who was who.

I did however run into LSU's QB Jordan Jefferson, who was watching practice, and he told me that he is training for the draft in Boca.
Back to the top
Control functions: