Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

New Offense?

Add topic

I saw Ted mention something about a new offense that Jarvis put in a few weeks ago. Anyone have any idea on what type of offense? I imagine he's doing it so cater to our current roster. Lately, it seems like our O is designed around nothing but screens. Gantt, Grier, Richardson or Taylor run back and forth across the baseline through screens set by our bigs and someone at the top of the key passes it to them. This doesn't seem to be working very well. I guess this is to allow our shooters to get open but we've rarely gotten open looks the past few times I've seen us play.

I think Jarvis may be going to this because he knows we aren't going to have any inside game whatsoever. If that's the case then we better start getting our shooters more open looks.

Not having Taylor last night was probably a big issue as well. He's really our only guy who can get his own shot.
Back to the top

Re: New Offense?

You pretty much summed it up as of late…

Lot's of screens, with little emphasis on going inside.
Back to the top

We can't go inside, which is why our shooters don't ever get open looks.

Poor Kelvin looks lost out there most of the time, he'll be good eventually but the game is a little fast for him right now and then we have Camembert Kore who could care less about being out there.

Did you see the difference between the attitudes of Kore and their big man Leron Dendy? it was HUGE! Kore seems sad and that guy Leron was the opposite, fired up, mad and playing like a man.
Back to the top

New Offense?

TeamBeer said

….and then we have Camembert Kore who could care less about being out there.

Did you see the difference between the attitudes of Kore and their big man Leron Dendy? it was HUGE! Kore seems sad and that guy Leron was the opposite, fired up, mad and playing like a man.

I think that Kore just can't handle the pressure that is now on him to be the big man.  Instead of rising to the occasion to become that physical forward we want him to become, he is wilting under the pressure….And Jarvis is frustrated because you can't teach HEART.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

Its getting to the point to ask Kore if he wants to be here. This is where were going and what i expect of you and you need to decide if its something you want to be a part of.

Theres always something bigger that we wont see from the outside, so none of us know the entire story but from the stands, its looks like he isnt motivated to be here.
Back to the top

white's been playing like he's got broken bones and a skirt on.

It's Owl Time!
Back to the top

PowerOwl said

white's been playing like he's got broken bones and a skirt on.

Give the guy a break.  It may just be that time of the month.
Back to the top

Man period?

Never heard that one before!

;D

On second look…maybe?

Male Periods

:o
Back to the top
Control functions: