Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Strength and conditioning

Strength and conditioning

I was surprised that Coach Pelini didnt have this hire first.

Flip Flop Football | Strength and conditioning one of Pelini's "side hobbies"
Back to the top

Re: Strength and conditioning

Strength coaches don't recruit, he needed guys on the streets, that's why this is the last position to be filled.
Back to the top

Apparently CP enjoys working out with the players as well.

This is from Ted's Article about Strength and Conditioning

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

I can tell you that this will be a big priority. Nebraska has one of the best S&C programs in the country. He will get the right kind of guy in to run the program. Nutrition is also key. Take a look at this video.

http://vimeo.com/15964513
Back to the top

well he says he has his guy picked, so we should know not before too long!
Back to the top

It seems strange, because of the offseason workout starting. I can understand why though.
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

It seems strange, because of the offseason workout starting. I can understand why though.

In Ted's article coach P says he likes to work out and it's not just about working out, its about the science behind it. So when off season work outs begin and he doesn't yet have his guy in place, looks like he'll be handling that too. Which isn't a bad thing. I think the discipline starts in the weight room. Don't want these kids to get lazy and not finish their workouts and think that, that's ok

My two favorite teams are FAU, and who ever is beating FIU!
Back to the top

Jab979 said

In Ted's article coach P says he likes to work out and it's not just about working out, its about the science behind it. So when off season work outs begin and he doesn't yet have his guy in place, looks like he'll be handling that too. Which isn't a bad thing. I think the discipline starts in the weight room. Don't want these kids to get lazy and not finish their workouts and think that, that's ok

I dont think he can. Im pretty sure that No coachs are allowed to be incontact with players during that time. Im sure He'll have someone wrapped up here shortly.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

His emphasis on nutrition and diet is SO important too. You need the fuel to burn to develop muscle tissue and food with supplements have to be present(NOT ROIDS).
Also, have they thought of actually employing some track coachs to help in speed, quickness of the mark and leaping ability improvements - I hope so. Remember Lester Jean did this on his own and look how much he improved from his junior to senior seasons!
Back to the top
Control functions: