Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

National Signing Day Fundraising Dinner

Well, if you were looking for an opportunity to get to know Coach Pelini and his new staff, here it is!!  This is a charity benefit with proceeds going directly to the Football Excellence Fund to help Coach Pelini continue to build the FAU football program.

This event was planned to coincide with National Signing Day so Coach Pelini could showcase the new FAU recruits and allow him an opportunity to formally introduce his new coaching staff.  BTW, each table will have an assistant coach seated at it with Coach Pelini seated at the Premier Sponsor's table.

Purchasing a ticket to this groundbreaking event is just the first step in helping contribute to FAU Football.   During the event, there will also be an auction where you may bid on items with proceeds benefitting the football program as well.

Coach Pelini needs our assistance in building the football program to take it to the next level. Your support has never been as important as it is this year.

Don't miss this stellar opportunity to meet Coach Pelini and his new staff and you never know, some of the new recruits may pay a visit as well.

Here are the details, act now as space is limited:

FAU Athletics invites you to the National Signing Day Fundraising Dinner

Wednesday, February 1
6 p.m. Reception
7 p.m. Dinner

Bogart's Bar & Grill
Located in the Premier Level
at Cinemark Palace 20 Movie Theater
3200 Airport Road
Boca Raton

Join us for an evening of fun to support the
Football Program. Enjoy dinner, meet
Coach Pelini and his new coaching staff,
and bid on items in our auction.

Single Seat: $150
Table (9 seats): $1,250
(An assistant coach will have the 10th seat at your table!)

Sponsorship Opportunities

Drink Sponsor $2,500
Four seats, recognition at dinner and in press release

Valet Sponsor $2,500
Four seats, recognition at dinner and in press release

Premier Sponsor $5,000
One table of 9 with Coach Pelini occupying the 10th seat at your table,
recognition at dinner and in press release

Space is limited, so please act now!

Dress: Business Casual

RSVP by Monday, January 30 at   Florida Atlantic University Foundation, Inc.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

Re: National Signing Day Fundraising Dinner

I was interested, but that is WAY out of my price range.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

I attended the Basketball dinner and really enjoyed myself, got some facetime with Jarvis and the other coaches, it was nice. The bball dinner was at Mateos, a significantly nicer restaurant than the one in the movie theater and it was $100. Yes, the whole point is to raise money for the team, so the food shouldn't matter, but it certainly helps!

I would like to know a little more about the Excellence Fund, is that the sort of fund he'll use to upgrade the weight room facilities and things like that? Anyone know?

Now, I will say this beats the old Football Club steak dinner thing to meet the recruits, Walty and I attended that one year, man was it akward.  ;D
Back to the top

For those of us who can afford, maybe we should reserve a table for the owlsnest? Good for both the program and the forum!
Back to the top

TeamBeer said

I would like to know a little more about the Excellence Fund, is that the sort of fund he'll use to upgrade the weight room facilities and things like that? Anyone know?

I am not the expert, but my understanding is the Excellence Funds are set up so the Coaches can use the money for immediate needs to help the student athletes.

So if you donate to FAU Football, that money is controlled by athletics and can go to pay bills for the athletics department, but if you donate to the Excellence Funds, the Coach can use the money directly for the student-athlete for things that are approved such as nutritional meals or purchase of computers to help academics, etc.

At least that's my understanding for Basketball.

It would be beneficial if they stated what they will accomplish by raising the money…like saying…we need to improve our weight room, etc.  People like to know their money is going to help a cause, and not just pay the electric bill.
Back to the top

Things that make you go hmmmm

Due Diligence - re: Football Exellence Fund (money for the program/facilities or insurance money for Pelini?)

Excerpts from Pelini's contract:

Mr. Pelini is also eligible for certain annual bonuses if season ticket sales exceed certain levels or if the team achieves certain performance benchmarks.
Mr. Pelini’s base salary, any annual increases thereto, and any performance or ticket sales
incentive payments are subject to the availability of funds in the University’s athletics
department’s annual budget or the University Foundation’s football Excellence Fund.

COMPENSATION & OTHER BENEFITS.
A. Annual Salary. Under the terms of this Agreement, Coach will be entitled to an annual
base salary in the amount of four hundred fifty thousand dollars ($450,000.00). Coach
will be entitled to a five percent (5%) increase in his annual base salary on January 15,
2013, and on each January 15 thereafter for the term of this Agreement. Coach’s base
salary, any annual increases thereto, any Performance Incentive payments, and any
Ticket Sales Incentive payments are subject to appropriate deductions for taxes and
benefits pursuant to regular University payroll practices, and further subject to the
availability of funds in the University’s athletics department’s annual budget or the
University Foundation’s football Excellence Fund.
Back to the top

cbboarder said

For those of us who can afford, maybe we should reserve a table for the owlsnest? Good for both the program and the forum!

If someone wants to put this together I would purchase 1 seat.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

National Signing Day Fundraising Dinner

fauowl said

TeamBeer said

I am not the expert, but my understanding is the Excellence Funds are set up so the Coaches can use the money for immediate needs to help the student athletes.

So if you donate to FAU Football, that money is controlled by athletics and can go to pay bills for the athletics department, but if you donate to the Excellence Funds, the Coach can use the money directly for the student-athlete for things that are approved such as nutritional meals or purchase of computers to help academics, etc.

At least that's my understanding for Basketball.

It would be beneficial if they stated what they will accomplish by raising the money…like saying…we need to improve our weight room, etc.  People like to know their money is going to help a cause, and not just pay the electric bill.

My understanding is that the monies are used at Coach Pelini's discretion as the funds are strictly for the football program.  I will get clarification for you guys.

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

cbboarder said

I think this is a great idea.  Who else would be in on this. 

FAU Class of '87
Back to the top

I haven't had a change to participate in many FAU related events this past year, but events like this I try to make an effort to attend.  Making sure events like these are well attended is very important to the continued growth of this program.

I would be willing to front the $1,250 for a table if others are interested.  Seats reservation would belong to the first nine to pay.

Use the Donation tab at the top - $140.  If anyone wants to donate the full amount of $150 that's fine, check will be cut accordingly.

So, Far we have three….Francois, Dusky256fc and BeastOwl that have shown interest.  I will post updates when I get back from Vero Beach later tonight.  For those that are interested send me a PM.

Back to the top
Control functions: