Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

NFL.com: FAU's Morris among Shrine Game players to follow for 2012 draft

Per Bucky Brooks…

"I didn't know much about Florida Atlantic RB Alfred Morris prior to my arrival, but he has been a standout performer in drills. He is silky smooth slithering through traffic and has a game that is ideally suited for the pros. His ability to put together a series of moves in traffic leads to few negative runs, and his natural instincts will allow him to break off big gainers despite lacking elite speed. There might be other backs garnering more attention this week, but Morris is one to watch as we inch closer to the draft."

Fulll Entry
Back to the top

Re: NFL.com: FAU's Morris among Shrine Game players to follow for 2012 draft

+1 Bucky…

we been saying this for 3 years now!  ;D
Back to the top

insider espn

Practice notes: Two RBs stand out
Scouts Inc.

East team

• Miami TE Chase Ford made some plays, showing a wide catching radius and at one point going up over a defender from behind to pull the ball away. While Ford could stand to add some power as a blocker, he has room on his 6-foot-6, 258-pound frame to do so. Overall, he's helped his case for getting into the late rounds.

• Tennessee's Tauren Poole showed the most natural running skills of any running back taking part this week. He sets up blocks well, has good lateral agility and quickness, and showed good feel for cutback lanes. He looks natural carrying the ball and appears to be solidly in the middle rounds.

• Merrimack LB Shawn Loiseau showed some instincts and was flying to the ball all day. Loiseau is not a gifted athlete but filled hard downhill and got good run fits. With his intensity and ability to contribute on special teams, Loiseau is the kind of player you want filling out the back end of the roster.

• Florida Atlantic RB Alfred Morris continued to catch the ball well, and while you wish he was a bit faster, he showed the agility to make cuts without losing his momentum. Morris also flashed good instincts near the goal line, making a nice cut outside to get to the pylon. He's gotten himself into the late-round mix this week.
Back to the top

NFL.com: FAU's Morris among Shrine Game players to follow for 2012 draft

i would think a mid round pick personally.

of any alumni, i'm most confident of him getting drafted and playing in the nfl.
Back to the top

Exit39 said

i would think a mid round pick personally.

of any alumni, i'm most confident of him getting drafted and playing in the nfl.

Hope so.

In order for that he would have to put up some explosive combine numbers I would imagine.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick @$$ and I'm out of bubble gum.

Back to the top

I think he can do it. He be a good third down or short yardage back.
Back to the top

NFL scouts are just so hung up on speed.  I see him 7th round or undrafted.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top
Control functions: